Threads in a desk band

Post by John » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 06:15:40

Is it all right to create threads in a desk band?
Regards, John Mee.

Threads in a desk band

Post by Tim Robinso » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 06:34:20

Yes. The same benefits and drawbacks apply here as anywhere else.

--
Tim Robinson (MVP, Windows SDK)
http://www.themobius.co.uk/

Quote:> Is it all right to create threads in a desk band?
> Regards, John Mee.

Threads in a desk band

Post by Paul Bake » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 06:32:54

John,

I don't see why not. Why do you ask?

Paul

Quote:> Is it all right to create threads in a desk band?
> Regards, John Mee.

Threads in a desk band

Post by John » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 07:33:40

When I try and activate the desk band it crashes explorer and this exception
seems to happen in one of the thread procedures, going to have to take a
good look at it!
John Mee.

> John,

> I don't see why not. Why do you ask?

> Paul

> > Is it all right to create threads in a desk band?
> > Regards, John Mee.

Threads in a desk band

Post by John » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 07:35:10

I must be doing something wrong I suppose.
Thanks.

> Yes. The same benefits and drawbacks apply here as anywhere else.

> --
> Tim Robinson (MVP, Windows SDK)
> http://www.themobius.co.uk/

> > Is it all right to create threads in a desk band?
> > Regards, John Mee.

Threads in a desk band

Post by Paul Bake » Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:06:46

Yes, I would run it inside a de*.

Paul

> I must be doing something wrong I suppose.
> Thanks.

> > Yes. The same benefits and drawbacks apply here as anywhere else.

> > --
> > Tim Robinson (MVP, Windows SDK)
> > http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > > Is it all right to create threads in a desk band?
> > > Regards, John Mee.

1. Programmatically enabling and positioning a desk band

Is it possible to programmatically enable/disable and position desk bands?
In my application, I would like to enable one or more instances of my desk
band, undock them from the taskbar and position them on secondary
monitor(s).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Christian Studer
http://www.realtimesoft.com

2. read it please

3. Desk band question!

4. HELP needed! Attaching files to Sendmail. I'm desperate. Please help me out...

5. Desk band problems

6. POP3 server

7. 3-Band tif to single band in ArcInfo

8. GDI memory leak when using PlayEnhMetaFile !

9. Exiting a thread from another thread

10. Encore Parallel Threads or Brown Threads

11. what's the difference between thread pool of ORB and thread pool of POA

12. CORBA Thread pools, servants and interaction with VCL thread

13. thread-Per client thread model