how do I show the "Display Properties Dialog" ?? programmatically?

how do I show the "Display Properties Dialog" ?? programmatically?

Post by John Scalc » Fri, 19 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
I would like to invoke the property dialog for the ScreenSaver so that I can
let my user change settings. I figure there must be a function which does
this, but I haven't had luck finding it yet.

Does anyone know what the function is. If so, and example's nice too ... but
if you just tell me the name, that's great.

thanks in advance,
sincerely,
John Scalco
Software Developer/Consultant

how do I show the "Display Properties Dialog" ?? programmatically?

Post by David Lownde » Fri, 19 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I would like to invoke the property dialog for the ScreenSaver so that I can
>let my user change settings. I figure there must be a function which does
>this, but I haven't had luck finding it yet.

>Does anyone know what the function is. If so, and example's nice too ... but
>if you just tell me the name, that's great.

John,

Run the command:

control desk.cpl 0,1

or you could call it directly in the same way illustrated by this:

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl 0,1

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq