NSE with background image

Post by Aaron Simmon » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 06:45:16

I'm using SHCreateShellFolderView in my NSE.  I'd like to
put an image/watermark onto the listview.

Are there any registry settings to get this to work
automagically; ie, like customizable folders with
background images in Win2k?

I've also tried sending LVM_SETBKIMAGE to the listview,
which works until the user refreshes the view, which
clears the image.

Thanks,
Aaron

1. Enumerating list of files under NSE fails second time after NSE device removed/inserted back

Hi All,

I am writing application, which gets list of image files under a particular
directory/Camera namespace NSE and displays image thumbnails. Recently I
added code to refresh my Tree control view, when devices are dynamically
added/removed. I implemented this code by listening for WM_DEVICECHANGE
notification.

Here are the steps
- Camera is connected to Computer
- First time App runs, I could display images from Camera namespace device.
- I remove the camera by removing USB connection.
- Treeview updates and doesn't display NSE.
- I insert the Camera back . Tree view displays NSE.
- I click NSE. I try to get list of files. Here it FAILS. I tried updating
Shell Cache on MyComputer/Desktop Nodes.

- I could get properties AND attributes of NSE device.

The call "spEnumIDList->Next(1, &lpRelPIDL, &ulPIDLsFetched ))" returns
FALSE.

Any ideas why. TIA.

Here is code snippet to get list of files.

CComPtr<IEnumIDList> spEnumIDList;
 CComPtr<IShellFolder> spShellDesktop;
 CComPtr<IShellFolder> spShellFolder;
 LPITEMIDLIST lpRelPIDL = NULL;
 ULONG ulPIDLsFetched =0;
 HRESULT hr;
 CString temp;

 hr = ::SHGetMalloc(&spMalloc);
 if (FAILED(hr))
  return FALSE;

    hr = ::SHGetDesktopFolder(&spShellDesktop);
 if (FAILED(hr))
 {
     return FALSE;
 }

 // Now, get the IShellFolder interface for this
folder/object/virtual-folder
 hr = spShellDesktop->BindToObject(m_lpParentFolderPIDL, 0,
IID_IShellFolder, (void**)&spShellFolder);
 if (FAILED(hr))
 {
          return FALSE;
 }

 // Enumerate the objects underneath it.
 hr = spShellFolder->EnumObjects(NULL, SHCONTF_NONFOLDERS, &spEnumIDList);
 if (FAILED(hr))
 {
     return FALSE;
 }

// SECOND Time , spEnumIDList returns FALSE.
 while(S_OK == spEnumIDList->Next(1, &lpRelPIDL, &ulPIDLsFetched ))
 {
     // Get PIDLS, Open file , Read it.

Thanks

Venki

2. Dictionary or Thesaurus

3. Yellow image background and light test failure in HP ScanJet 6100C

4. Debug info is screwed

5. How do i lose the background of a scanned image?

6. Great site

7. This image with a qhite background?

8. Training classes for Synopsys

9. Help on background image

10. Help removing background image from .pdf with Exchange

11. PDF with background image

12. Background image on each page

13. background image