How do I tell if an interactvie user is logged on

How do I tell if an interactvie user is logged on

Post by John Aldri » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:48:53

Hi,

I have inherited some code that starts a process from a service.
Currently the service is starting the process when there  is not an
interactive user logged on.  Anyone know how to determine if there is
an interactive user logged on?  Also,  would there be some kind of
event interface? I would prefer not to poll for the info.

Thanx

jra

Post by Jim Barr » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 09:12:08

> I have inherited some code that starts a process from a service.
> Currently the service is starting the process when there  is not an
> interactive user logged on.  Anyone know how to determine if there is
> an interactive user logged on?  Also,  would there be some kind of
> event interface? I would prefer not to poll for the info.

Have a look at KB article 308403, "HOWTO: Design a Service to Interact with Multiple User Sessions":

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b308403

Otherwise, if you are only interested in single-user scenarios you might be able to get away with an interactive service and the 'TaskbarCreated' message; see KB article 171890:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b171890
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/progra...

--
Jim Barry, MVP for Windows SDK

1. How to tell if a file is being accessed by network user or local user?

Hi,

I am writing windows98 file system filter driver. I hook the IFS by
calling IFSMgr_InstallFileSystemApiHook and hope to audit
Open/Read/Write operations to some specific files.

My problem is:
How to tell if an Open/Read/Write is trigger by local user or network
user?

Thanks a lot.

Chen Z.M

2. 2 NICs w2k exchange

3. Get user credentials using standart Windows logon box without logging user on

4. Problems with Permissions

5. I am not sure you tell me

6. MusicTeX manual...

7. Am I alone on this, please tell me?

8. maxfiles system parameter

9. Did I tell you I am paid to surf the Web?

10. Save LOG Clear LOG Save LOG ...

11. What am I doing wrong with targets and Vuescan ?

12. vuescan, linux, minolta dual scan 2 - what am I doing wrong?

13. Scanning B+W Negatives - What am I doing wrong?