Any examples for IconHandlers in VB?

Post by Michael Fel » Sun, 28 May 2000 04:00:00

I've found this nice ContextMenuHandler example on MS's VB site. The next
thing I'd like to do is a IconHandler that supplies the shell with my own
icon. I think I'd just need a type library for that, but an example would be
good as well, because it's not quite as easy in VB as it is in C++. If
anyone has done this, it would be nice if you could send me a small code
example and/or TLB.

TIA!

Michael

Any examples for IconHandlers in VB?

Post by Mattias Sj?gr » Sun, 28 May 2000 04:00:00

Michael,

Quote:>I've found this nice ContextMenuHandler example on MS's VB site. The next
>thing I'd like to do is a IconHandler that supplies the shell with my own
>icon. I think I'd just need a type library for that, but an example would be
>good as well, because it's not quite as easy in VB as it is in C++. If
>anyone has done this, it would be nice if you could send me a small code
>example and/or TLB.

Take a look at Edanmo's VB Page at
http://www.domaindlx.com/e_morcillo/  That's by far the best source
for shell extension code samples made in VB. You can find the type
library you need there, and a sample icon handler.

Mattias

    http://hem.spray.se/mattias.sjogren/

Any examples for IconHandlers in VB?

Post by Michael Fel » Sun, 28 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi Matthias,

that sounds like the type of thing I've been looking for. I'll check the
page out right now. Thank you!

> Michael,

> >I've found this nice ContextMenuHandler example on MS's VB site. The next
> >thing I'd like to do is a IconHandler that supplies the shell with my own
> >icon. I think I'd just need a type library for that, but an example would
be
> >good as well, because it's not quite as easy in VB as it is in C++. If
> >anyone has done this, it would be nice if you could send me a small code
> >example and/or TLB.

> Take a look at Edanmo's VB Page at
> http://www.domaindlx.com/e_morcillo/  That's by far the best source
> for shell extension code samples made in VB. You can find the type
> library you need there, and a sample icon handler.

> Mattias

>     http://hem.spray.se/mattias.sjogren/

1. Acrobat SDK -- example plug-ins fail with C++.net compiler

Hi All

I have compiled a few of the Acrobat SDK example
plug-ins both with Visual C++ 6.0 and Visual C++ .net.
Although they compile fine with both systems, only those
compiled with Visual C++ 6.0 successfully register
with Acrobat. The VC++ .net versions are immediately
unloaded. I know the SDK recommends
VC++ 6.0 but I was wondering if anyone knows why
they all fail with the .net version -- and can it be fixed
easily?

Many thanks

Graham

2. SE DLL files

3. Building add-ins for FS98/2000 using VB?

4. CRC32 coming out wrong on Pocket PC

5. example VB code for Leopard screens

6. Pocket informant or Agenda Fusion?

7. Micro-redac VB code examples

8. Hello

9. Cannot run the VB examples, please HELP!

10. VB/DCOM example to control SAS on remote server?

11. VB bank_naming example, works on 3 of 4 configurations

12. OleAutoObject - Translate VB example to VO

13. great book - many client/server examples using java and vb