File & date fields in VS_FixedFileInfo

Post by Paul Attryd » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 03:37:12

Apologies in advance if I'm asking this in the wrong place...

What do I have to do to my version resource file so that when I get the
version info with GetFileVersionInfo the dwFileDateMS & dwFileDateLS
fields in VS_FIXEDFILEINFO aren't 0?

TIA,
Paul

Post by Jim Barr » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 02:03:07

> What do I have to do to my version resource file so that when I get the
> version info with GetFileVersionInfo the dwFileDateMS & dwFileDateLS
> fields in VS_FIXEDFILEINFO aren't 0?

Looks like the resource compiler simply doesn't support setting these fields.

--
Jim Barry, MVP for Windows SDK

File & date fields in VS_FixedFileInfo

Post by Paul Attryd » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 02:38:17

Jim Barry spoke thusly on 6/19/2003 10:03:

>>What do I have to do to my version resource file so that when I get the
>>version info with GetFileVersionInfo the dwFileDateMS & dwFileDateLS
>>fields in VS_FIXEDFILEINFO aren't 0?

> Looks like the resource compiler simply doesn't support setting these fields.

That's the conclusion I was beginning to come to, but I just couldn't
bring myself to believe it. Although the fact that the kernel DLLs on my
XPPro box also reported 0 does seem to imply that although the fields
are there you just can't set them to anything.

Paul

Post by Jim Barr » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 08:22:30

> That's the conclusion I was beginning to come to, but I just
> couldn't bring myself to believe it. Although the fact that the
> kernel DLLs on my  XPPro box also reported 0 does seem
> to imply that although the fields are there you just can't set
> them to anything.

Well sure, the whole VS_FIXEDFILEINFO structure is there in the binary resource, it's just that the resource compiler always sets the dwFileDateMS and dwFileDateLS fields to zero.

--
Jim Barry, MVP for Windows SDK
"For anyone other than its beneficiaries, the only

1. Fixing faulty dates - select on day part of a date field

Hi all,

I've got a problem with dates on one of my tables. I've been inserting dates
in the format 'dd/mm/ccyy' which for the days 13-31 for each month worked
fine.

The problem I have is that for the days 01-12 for each month, the date was
interpretted as 'mm/dd/ccyy'.  Now I know about it I need to fix it.

Two questions.

1) how can I select on part of a date?  I need to select all records where
the day is not > 12.
2) can I do this in a single update, i.e. can I do something around

update calls set xdate =  ???? where ??????;

--
Gary Stainburn

2. Oracle training in Atlanta ? ?

3. Gantt Chart Import putting End Date in both Start and End Date fields

4. Audio

5. Defining date field in PDF file?!

6. WTB: MEMORY ADVISOR for Sparc/Solaris (discontinued, I know)

7. Form fields and plug-ins API

8. FS: 14" CTX Multiscan Monitor

9. how to get the source table & field name of a view field

10. How pkzip files with date equal do date in variable

11. Original Date & time in a zip file created with pkzip 2.04

12. How to get current time & date for timestamps for DOS-FS files

13. Get a File's Date & Time stamp