namespace extension:- PropertySheetHandlers

namespace extension:- PropertySheetHandlers

Post by Jolyon Wrigh » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have added A PropertySheetHandlers key to the registry:-

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{MY_SHELL_GUID}\Shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{MY_PR
OPS_GUID}
with the correct attributes.

When the Shell Extension is added to ..\explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace the
properties are not available, but when the extension is added to
..\explorer\Desktop\NameSpace they are.

I am not clear what I should be doing to ensure that the properties are
available when the junction point is MyComputer....

Thanks,

Jolyon Wright.

Post by Chris Beck » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> I have added A PropertySheetHandlers key to the registry:-

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{MY_SHELL_GUID}\Shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{MY_PR

Quote:> OPS_GUID}
> with the correct attributes.

> When the Shell Extension is added to ..\explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace the
> properties are not available, but when the extension is added to
> ..\explorer\Desktop\NameSpace they are.

> I am not clear what I should be doing to ensure that the properties are
> available when the junction point is MyComputer....

The systems IShellFolder impmentation that handles "my computer" does not
support any sort of item specific shell extension. Its a bit of a pain -
yes. :-(

Chris
--

Post by Jim Barr » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> I am not clear what I should be doing to ensure that the properties
> are available when the junction point is MyComputer....

This is a bug that I ran into a few months ago. Take a look at:

http://www.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=586576598

Cheers,

- Jim

namespace extension:- PropertySheetHandlers

Post by \ » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Correct me if my assumption is wrong... But what I understand from your
question is that you have a namespace extension under My Computer and you
want to display the properties for your namespace extension.... If your
namespace extension is under Desktop, then you can bring the properties...

So what is the error you are getting when you want to see the properties for
your NSE rooted under My Computer...

I have currently an NSE that is rooted under both Desktop/My Computer and I
can bring up properties just fine using the context menu\Properties ...

Let me know (via the newsgroup) if my assumption is right and any other
information relavent to the problem... I can point you in the right
direction...

-

Quote:> I have added A PropertySheetHandlers key to the registry:-

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{MY_SHELL_GUID}\Shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{MY_PR
Quote:> OPS_GUID}
> with the correct attributes.

> When the Shell Extension is added to ..\explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace the
> properties are not available, but when the extension is added to
> ..\explorer\Desktop\NameSpace they are.

> I am not clear what I should be doing to ensure that the properties are
> available when the junction point is MyComputer....

> Thanks,

> Jolyon Wright.

namespace extension:- PropertySheetHandlers

Post by Jolyon Wrigh » Thu, 08 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for your response:- Your assumption about this problem is correct.

The error I get is a Message Box saying "The properties for this item are
not available", when my NSE is under My Computer.  Further investigation has
shown that the same reg entries work fine on Windows 2000.  I should have
made it clear in my initial posting that my problem manifests itself on
Win98; I didnt think there would be a difference (!).

Any information or thoughts that would help get round this problem would be
very much appreciated:- thanks

> Correct me if my assumption is wrong... But what I understand from your
> question is that you have a namespace extension under My Computer and you
> want to display the properties for your namespace extension.... If your
> namespace extension is under Desktop, then you can bring the properties...

> So what is the error you are getting when you want to see the properties
for
> your NSE rooted under My Computer...

> I have currently an NSE that is rooted under both Desktop/My Computer and
> can bring up properties just fine using the context menu\Properties ...

> Let me know (via the newsgroup) if my assumption is right and any other
> information relavent to the problem... I can point you in the right
> direction...

> -

> > I have added A PropertySheetHandlers key to the registry:-

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{MY_SHELL_GUID}\Shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{MY_PR

Quote:> > OPS_GUID}
> > with the correct attributes.

> > When the Shell Extension is added to ..\explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace
the
> > properties are not available, but when the extension is added to
> > ..\explorer\Desktop\NameSpace they are.

> > I am not clear what I should be doing to ensure that the properties are
> > available when the junction point is MyComputer....

> > Thanks,

> > Jolyon Wright.

1. Namespace Extension Copy and Paste (from extension to non extension)

I am working on namespace extension for a custom file, that hold custom folders.
I am right now implementing cut, copy, and paste, using IDataObject. The problem
is that, when I copy a folder inside my namespace extension and paste it in a
usual file (not inside my namespace extension), it copies the icon, file name,
and attribute correctly, but in doesn't copy the actual data of the folder, at
all. That is, the pasted folder shows up inside Windows Explorer (with correct
attribute, folder name, date, etc) after being pasted, but when I tried to open
the folder, it contains no actual data on the folder. Does anybody have an idea
how I am supposed to copy the actual data, not only the attribute of the folder?

2. TAPI hangs on NT with blue screen

3. Context menu extensions in my own namespace extension

4. sharing to"everyone"

5. Virtual folder with Shell Namespace Extension

6. Networking Problem

7. ContextMenuHandlers for the root of a Namespace Extension

8. tweakui for win2000?

9. Namespace extension

10. How to implement custom columns for a namespace extension.

11. How to display the new XP visual style for my namespace extension?

12. Namespace extension using ATL

13. How to get absolute filepath of my root namespace extension?