Should SHChangeNotify update my folder view ?

Should SHChangeNotify update my folder view ?

Post by Joop van Busse » Tue, 03 Jul 2001 16:58:24

From what i have read about SHChangeNotify i believed a call to this
function should update the view of the folder.
When i for example delete a file from my virtual namespace i call
SHChangeNotify but the view doesn't change :

    SHChangeNotify(SHCNE_DELETE, SHCNF_IDLIST, pPidlFQ, NULL);

Studying the Microsoft CDBVIEW sample i saw that after calling
SHChangeNotify the function NotifyViews is called which does the actual
update of  the view.
Is it right that SHChangeNotify doesn't update any views ? Allright it
notifies, but what does the OS do with it ?

Thanks

Joop

1. SHChangeNotify(SHCNE_UPDATEDIR) does not update dir

I call SHChangeNotify(SHCNE_UPDATEDIR,...) for a pidl in my NSE.
In the NSE I validate pidls passed into IShellFolder::GetAttributesOf() when
SFGAO_VALIDATE is set.

This works fine in Win2k and Xp, but IT DOES NOT WORK in Win98!
Win98 will enumerate the folder but does not validate its items. Removed
subfolders remain in the treeview!
How can I update folders properly in Win98?

Thanks

2. Series of questions

3. SHChangeNotify doesn't update the treeview

4. keypress in c++?

5. "% complete" in Resource view not updating "Percent Complete" in Gantt View

6. 7805 regulators in parallel

7. View files and images from my old Visioneer Documents folder

8. Lasermaster

9. Folder view problem in Outlook 2000 - please help

10. Win98SE - Forcing Win.Explorer to open in Folders View

11. View Folder as Web Page

12. default folder view

13. Thumbnail View to Folder on Win2000 doesn't get called