creating thumbnails via shell API

Post by Alexander Gr? » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 03:29:26

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a way how i can create thumbnails for nearly any format
windows supports, the same way the windows shell (windows explorer) does.
I've read something about using active document, but I dont have a clue
where to begin. I'm familiar with C++ and COM, so I only need the name of
some classes or interfaces. I want to create those thumbnails in arbitrary
sizes, so it does not make sense to read out existing "thumbdb"-files. I
also dont want to use an imaging class, for that i want to create the
thumbnails for arbitrary formats (e.g. videos, images, htmls ...). I only
want to use the functions the windows shell api provides and supports. any
help would be appreciated. thank you in advance.

Bye Alex

Post by Jim Barr » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 20:10:09

> I'm looking for a way how i can create thumbnails for nearly any format
> windows supports, the same way the windows shell (windows explorer) does.
> I've read something about using active document, but I dont have a clue
> where to begin. I'm familiar with C++ and COM, so I only need the name of
> some classes or interfaces.

Check out the IExtractImage interface.

--
Jim Barry
MVP, Windows SDK

1. Creating bookmarks via API?

Hi,

Is it possible to add bookmarks to a PDF file via the API?

I have a set of PDF files and would like to combine them into a single
document with a corresponding set of bookmark to act as a table of contents.
I can combine the individual PDF files via the OLE API with no problem, but
I do not know how to create the bookmarks.  The available functions only
seem to allow you to read or set the string for existing bookmarks, but as
far as I can tell, it won't let you create new ones.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,

Jordan

2. Admin Tools on w2k Pro

3. Thumbnail creation via Exchange

4. Product number for embedded visual tools 3.0

5. Shell programming - thumbnail expansion

6. SecurID now available on Palm Pilot.

7. Thumbnail View thumbnail dimensions - where can you get/set these?

8. 9/27 att cable modem

9. Best way to create thumbnails?

10. Create Thumbnails from PDF

11. Creating thumbnails using distiller?

12. Creating thumbnails in batch on Unix

13. Source Code Example of Creating Thumbnails