ShellExecute cant do some files

Post by Mostl » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:50:56

I have a little list of file path names and a use ShellExecute to start the
associated app.
It doesnt work on some files and I'd like to know why.

A VS header file is one of the offenders, ShellExecute fails on no
association, but it will launch from the file explorer, so thats the
question, why cant Shellexecute with a open verb start that file, like the
explorer does?

What can I do to make it work?

ShellExecute cant do some files

Post by David Lownde » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:42:00

Quote:>A VS header file is one of the offenders, ShellExecute fails on no
>association, but it will launch from the file explorer, so thats the
>question, why cant Shellexecute with a open verb start that file, like the
>explorer does?

>What can I do to make it work?

Open isn't always the default verb - try NULL instead.

If you want to play with the behaviour of ShellExecute(Ex)
interactively, have a look at the free ShellExec utility on
www.jddesign.co.uk

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

1. Cant generate PDF file from FrameMaker PS file

Does anyone know whether there is a limit to the number of tables, or
cross-references or markers you can have in a PDF?

I'm trying to distill a table-rich book of c. 440 pages from a
FrameMaker-generated PS file and Distiller fails towards the end with
the following message in the log:

%%[ Pa%%[ PostScript fatal error ]%%
Job failed to distill due to a fatal PostScript interpreter error.

The screen message says
"A fatal PostScript error has left the interpreter in an indeterminate
state"

If I remove the last appendix, which has tables, the distillation
completes without problems. I can also distill the appendix on its own.
This may all be coincidence. I don't know. Does anyone have any idea?

Tech details
Framemaker 5.5.6
Acrobat 3.0
Windows 95 (64 MB RAM) or Windows NT (32 MB RAM)

TIA

Colette Clenaghan

2. Desparatly after a C++ De-compiler!

3. how to make a file attachement with ShellExecute using the default mail app.

4. rules for conversion of class diagrams to Java code

5. ShellExecute: how to disable Windows cannot open this file dlg

6. SMS SP2 UNC problem still exists

7. Attaching a file to outlook express using shellexecute

8. Find/Replace hyphen to non-brk hyphen in Quark

9. Cant See C Drive in DOS- trying to format

10. Cant be done.......

11. I cant believe i cant convert a color pdf to greyscale

12. i cant log onto msn messengeror msn explorer, i cant open a new account either

13. File transfers between DOS and DOS-MINIX