Hooking in

Post by Scott Ega » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:57:15

Hi,

I'm writing an app that needs to extend the shell, however I don't wish to
replace much of it.  I would like to be able to respond to file selection
changes so I can update info in the deskband I've created.

I can't see any obvious way to receive change notifications appart from
building an NSE.  The problem is I just wan't show existing files and
folders.

I've looked at SHCreateShellFolderView but can't figure out how to use it on
existing folders.

Can anyone please help.

Regards,

Scott Egan

Hooking in

Post by Jim Barr » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 09:36:28

> I'm writing an app that needs to extend the shell, however
> I don't wish to replace much of it.  I would like to be able
> to respond to file selection changes so I can update info in
> the deskband I've created.

Is this really a desk band or is it a tool band? If it is the latter you can sink events from the site object via DWebBrowserEvents2. When the DocumentComplete event is fired, you can see if the current document (see IWebBrowser2::Document) supports IShellFolderViewDual. If so you can start listening for the SelectionChanged event.

--
Jim Barry, MVP for Windows SDK

Hooking in

Post by Scott Ega » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:26:01

Thanks for the help Jim,
I'm still playing, I've sucessfully got the IWebBrowser2 but am not sure how
to advise the the browser of my sink DWebBrowserEvents2 interface.

Am still looking into it.

Additionally, do you know how to use SHCreateShellFolderView to make a
folder that works the same way as my docs (ie mirrors another parts of the
filesystem) this would be eaiser to hook into.

Regards,

Scott

Is this really a desk band or is it a tool band? If it is the latter you can
sink events from the site object via DWebBrowserEvents2. When the
DocumentComplete event is fired, you can see if the current document (see
IWebBrowser2::Document) supports IShellFolderViewDual. If so you can start
listening for the SelectionChanged event.

--
Jim Barry, MVP for Windows SDK

1. Sensor to transmit X10 codes when Telephone goes off-hook/on-hook

I would like to automate a light in a remote part of a building to turn on
when someone is on the phone on a given telephone line. I would also like
the light to turn off when the telephone goes back on hook.

Currently I am using a small application (16K) on a Windows PC which
initiates the ON/OFF from the PC but this requires the user to click on the
app to toggle the light. Sometimes people forget to click the app to
indicate that the line is in use. I am looking for a way to automate this
indicator.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Chip G

2. Repost of IMPORTANT DNS problems...

3. Scanning plug-ins

4. DirectX ,C++ , How can I use the HAL under 3DRM

5. Mirrowind OXM Disc, Plug-Ins, Patches

6. PalmVHack 1.9

7. Clever Keyboard Indicator: Caps/Num/Scroll Locks and Ins indicators,OSD text,sound notifications

8. Upgrade to Money 98????

9. HomeSeer plug-ins

10. NeXT Black Colour - which SONY is it ins

11. Direct Client Walk-ins for Jr.Java Developer's @ Atlanta, GA(70 Positions) Locals Preffered

12. Sure shot closure Direct Client Req Walk-ins for Jr.Java Developer's (70 Positions)

13. ADV: OMDI Excel add-ins now downloadable