How to use SHChangeNotify

Post by Vladimir Vlaso » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
I'm calling SHCangeNotify to update contents of my namespace extension
folder, but nothing happens.

SHChangeNotify(bOverwrite ? SHCNE_UPDATEITEM : SHCNE_CREATE, SHCNF_IDLIST,
pidl, NULL);

pidl is relative to Desktop. Did I missed something in my
IShellFolder::BindToObject? It is called several times after each
SHChangeNotify call.

What explorer doing after it receives notification message?

please help.

1. SHChangeNotify !?

Hello everybody,

I'm developing a shell namespace and I have to notify the shell everytime a
new folder is created, removed, renamed, .... The only way to do this (as
far as I know) is SHChangeNotify function. So I call SHChangeNotify with
proper parameters and I see that it is working. The shell updates his tree
everytime I tell him so. So far so good.

I noticed though that after calling that function the shell keeps a
reference to one of my IShellFolder(s) and the DLL will not be unloaded when
I close the Explorer. If I comment the line SHChangeNotify, everythink is
OK: the shell releases all my interfaces and the DLL can be unloaded when
closing Explorer. ?  Any ideas would be appreciate.

Thanks in advance,
Costin

2. re-entrant? code variables

3. SHChangeNotify doesn't update the treeview

4. File conversion

5. SHChangeNotify doesn't work for deletes

6. Serial interchange circuits - RS232 etc.

7. WinXP - SHChangeNotify problem

8. Trouble with Public Key Authentication

9. Should SHChangeNotify update my folder view ?

10. SHChangeNotify

11. Icon Handler, SHChangeNotify and XP

12. SHChangeNotify(SHCNE_UPDATEDIR) does not update dir

13. SHChangeNotify for change disk icon.