IShellFolder and NT4

Post by reza razavipou » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 01:34:56

To all,

I have a context menu shell extension that works pretty well on all windows
OSes except on NT 4, when I call  spFolder->GetDisplayNameOf(pidlMachine,
SHGDN_FORPARSING, &strret), I get 0x80004001 which is "Not implemented". How
do I get around this? How do I get the name of the item selected in Explorer
from a PIDL?

Regards,

Reaa

1. Caching IShellFolders for IShellFolder::BindToObject

Hi,
I have implemented a cache for storing IShellFolders that are created by
explorer calling IShellFolder::BindToObject() in my multi level foldering
NSE. Basically I have a hashtable that is keyed on a string representation
of the pidl of the IShellFolder. Each time BingToObject is called I try to
obtain an IShellFolder from the cache by the string representation of the
absolute pidl constructed from the pidl passed into BindToObject. If the
cache does not hold the requested IShellFolder then I create a new one, add
it to the cache and pass it back out of the function. Debugging this things
seem to work fine and IShellFolders are being taken from the cache and given
to explorer however when I try to go into a subfolder in the NSE explorer
does the work to bind to the new IShellFolder but never calls the
IShellFolder::CreateViewObject method, this means the namespace is still
sitting in the same folder view as before.

Anyone got any ideas?

Andy

2. WIN-OS/2 screen resolution

3. Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT

4. keyboard macros don't work like they used to

5. Win95 DUN / NT4 RRAS / NT4 IAS Problem

6. KT7A-RAID and W2K install..please help!!

7. IShellFolder marshaling

8. looking for apps for tandy 1000

9. IShellFolder

10. How to register a object(DLL) implemented the IShellFolder interface?

11. IShellFolder::ParseDisplayName unknown

12. XP IShellFolder::EnumObjects bug

13. IShellFolder caching SFGAO_SHARE state