AssocQueryKey(), AssocQueryString(), Assoc*

AssocQueryKey(), AssocQueryString(), Assoc*

Post by Roberto Carcion » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 20:39:36

Hi at all,
i have a little problem. My Visual Studio Compiler doesn't find the
Assoc..() functions in header files.
I looked under Micorosoft  unclude folder and Platform SDK folder into every
header file, but I didn't find anything function starting with Assoc...().
Not resigned I look also in MSDN library (if i had my include) and MSDN says
to include Shlwapi.h and link Shlwapi.lib in my project, thing that i made
already.
Do i have an old service pack of Microsoft's anything?

I have a Visual Studio 6.0 with sp5, Wind2000 with sp3 and august PSDK .

I saw that Assoc..() funcions are wrapper functions so I'm trying to use an
IQueryAssociations interface.
Can you help me?

Thanks i advance

Roberto

AssocQueryKey(), AssocQueryString(), Assoc*

Post by David Lincol » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 20:45:30

Roberto,

I have the definitions in my "shlwapi.h", near the bottom.

I guess you might need to install a newer PSDK.

Cheers,
Dave.

AssocQueryKey(), AssocQueryString(), Assoc*

Post by Roberto Carcion » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 21:02:02

Hi David,
probably you have right but why also on MSDN web site of Microsoft
doesn't explain to start PSDK this include are find from?

This is not a first time I have encoutered this type of incosistency, the
same thing was about rich edit includes.

anyway thanks I will upgrade PSDK.

Grazie milleand have a good job.

Roberto

Quote:> Roberto,

> I have the definitions in my "shlwapi.h", near the bottom.

> I guess you might need to install a newer PSDK.

> Cheers,
> Dave.

1. AssocQueryString() and file extension

Hi,
thank for previous help.

I would to like associate to my application a type of file and a type of
icon.
I use first AssocQueryString (NULL, ASSOCSTR_COMMAND, myextension, ...))
and after if this is S_OK then there is an other application that it has
benn associate wit my file (NOTEPAD).
After AssocQueryString() i use  AssocQueryKey() to retrieve the HKEY and at
last i would like delete this associations with notepad and to create mine.
But:
first: are they the right steps for to do this associations?
second: the SHDeleteKeyEx () doesn't delete the key that AssocQueryKey()
returns.

Can you help me?

thanks a lot.

Roberto

2. PRIMAX PROFI 9600 - drivers for Windows XP.

3. Where is AssocQueryString?

4. EditTemplete -- TextBox -- Query problem

5. why AssocQueryString doesn't work?

6. Your password

7. can someone recommend Magna Assoc. Controller?

8. Sales Taxes

9. deaf pilots assoc

10. Deaf Pilots assoc.

11. FS6 Deaf Pilot Assoc ( for Sindar )

12. The "fall guy stunt assoc." logo in .ai ?