IShellFolder caching SFGAO_SHARE state

Post by Greg Perr » Sat, 03 Feb 2001 10:42:54

Hello people,

Once my app has accessed a folder via its IShellFolder interface, the shell seems
to cache the state of the SFGAO_SHARE flag for my process and never refreshes it.

For example, if I call IShellFolder::GetAttributesOf on a folder that is
currently shared, then SFGAO_SHARE will be set correctly.

If I unshare the folder, and then call GetAttributesOf a second time, the
folder still shows as shared to my app. It doesn't come back as unshared
until I quit and restart my program.

I know about the SFGAO_VALIDATE flag but this does not seem to do anything
in this instance.

This is under Win2000 Pro, SP 1.

Thanks for your help!

Greg Perry
GPSoftware

IShellFolder caching SFGAO_SHARE state

Post by Dave Anders » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 06:30:02

I'll look into why IShellFolder::GetAttributesOf does not retrieve the
correct SFGAO_SHARE attribute and let you know what I find.

-Dave

IShellFolder caching SFGAO_SHARE state

Post by Dave Anders » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 09:20:54

Looks like ther is a bug in GetAttributesOf where it will always use cached
information regardless of if SFGAO_VALIDATE is specified when checking the
SFGAO_SHARE attribute. You can determine if a folder is shared by using the
NetShare* APIs.

-Dave

1. IShellFolder caching SFGAO_SHARE state

Has anyone had any experience with this problem? Once my app has accessed a
folder via its IShellFolder interface, the shell seems to cache the state of
the SFGAO_SHARE flag for my process and never refreshes it.

For example, if I call IShellFolder::GetAttributesOf on a folder that is
currently shared, then SFGAO_SHARE will be set correctly.

If I unshare the folder, and then call GetAttributesOf a second time, the
folder still shows as shared to my app. It doesn't come back as unshared
until I quit and restart my program.

I know about the SFGAO_VALIDATE flag but this does not seem to do anything
in this instance.

This is under Win2000 Pro, SP 1.

Cheers,
Jon

--

Remove *NOSPAM* from Email address when replying.

2. Opening Desided Folder

3. Caching IShellFolders for IShellFolder::BindToObject

4. STACK BLITTING

5. flushing cached data of an IShellFolder/ItemIDList

6. Counterbores on a curve

7. UML -- setting the state of object in state

8. How to display a caption of the state symbol in UML state diagram?

9. To Cache or Not to Cache - Buffers and BD's

10. Enabling of cache & instruction cache

11. MPC8260/860, cache and DMA (or cache coherency) question

12. PPro 166 Mhz 512 cache or 200 MHz 256 cache ?