Getting real network path from NetHood

Post by volk » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 19:10:19

Hi,

I cannot find any way to get the real network path enumerating children of
MyNetworkPlaces.
I receive all the time path that looks like:
"C:\Documents and Settings\volk\NetHood\c on Pc-sun-xp"

Any idea what to do with it?

Thanks,
volk

Getting real network path from NetHood

Post by mike » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 19:31:55

Quote:> Hi,

> I cannot find any way to get the real network path enumerating children of
> MyNetworkPlaces.
> I receive all the time path that looks like:
> "C:\Documents and Settings\volk\NetHood\c on Pc-sun-xp"

> Any idea what to do with it?

> Thanks,
> volk

Shares off the NetHood are links. You have to first
resolve the links to get a file system path.

mike

Getting real network path from NetHood

Post by Andreas V?ger » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 19:34:44

maybe WNetGetUniversalName() is what your looking for...

regards,
Andreas

Quote:> Hi,

> I cannot find any way to get the real network path enumerating children of
> MyNetworkPlaces.
> I receive all the time path that looks like:
> "C:\Documents and Settings\volk\NetHood\c on Pc-sun-xp"

> Any idea what to do with it?

> Thanks,
> volk

1. getting real path from shortcut?

I use SHGetPathFromIDList(itemIDList, pathBuffer) to get the path to the
item returned from SHBrowseForFolder.

The problem I have is that if the item is a shortcut, the pathBuffer is set
to the location of the shortcut and not the location of the actual folder.

How can I get the real path and not the path to the shortcut?

I tried using the example on the SHBrowseForFolder help, but couldn't get it
working.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Huw

2. FAX Problems

3. Real Weather For FS98 as real as it gets>

4. Post Road Mailer now Free

5. Real Flight : As real as it gets!

6. How to hide my own e-mail address when I send a mail?

7. Networking over a *real* network?

8. Wanted: Printer suggestions for a Quadra

9. Getting Subdirectory names using the Excel 97 VBA Dir(path, type) function

10. Getting Actual Path & Filename of a SAS Dataset

11. Getting value of PATH= option

12. GVIM getting current file path

13. Getting directory path