Creating new folder window with default pane settings

Creating new folder window with default pane settings

Post by Aaron Gra » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 00:53:28

Hi,

I want to open a folder window with my current default pane settings. I
tried invoking explorer.exe but this defaults back to having a left tree
view pane; which I do not want, unless that is enabled.

Do I use SHCreateShellFolderView ?

If so could you give me an example of how to use this or point me to one
please.

Aaron

Creating new folder window with default pane settings

Post by Henk Devo » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 07:01:35

When i start "explorer c:\", i don't get the tree view.
You have the command line switch "/e" to force the tree view.
If you don't use it and specify a location you get the default view.

Quote:> Hi,

> I want to open a folder window with my current default pane settings. I
> tried invoking explorer.exe but this defaults back to having a left tree
> view pane; which I do not want, unless that is enabled.

> Do I use SHCreateShellFolderView ?

> If so could you give me an example of how to use this or point me to one
> please.

> Aaron

Creating new folder window with default pane settings

Post by Aaron Gra » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 08:37:50

Quote:> When i start "explorer c:\", i don't get the tree view.
> You have the command line switch "/e" to force the tree view.
> If you don't use it and specify a location you get the default view.

I see, it seems if you give it a path rather than just "explorer.exe" then
it displays the default view.

Cheers, that simplifies my job many fold.

Should have played with it a bit.

BTW Where's documentation on "explorer.exe" command line options ?

Many thanks,

Aaron

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=130510

--
Jim Barry, MVP for Windows SDK

Creating new folder window with default pane settings

Post by Aaron Gra » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 21:26:36

Quote:>> BTW Where's documentation on "explorer.exe" command line options ?

>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=130510

thanks

1. How to create a folder with the name "New Folder (x)"

Does anyone know a Win32 API function which can create a
new folder with the default name "New Folder", or if it
already exists "New Folder (x)" (where x=2, 3, 4, ...)

I only know of such a function for Shell Shortcuts, namely
SHGetNewLinkInfo..... This function automatically provides
names for (existing) shortcuts like this:

Shortcut to Command.com.lnk
Shortcut (2) to Command.com.lnk
Shortcut (3) to Command.com.lnk
etc.

Chris Wolkenfelt
Software Engineer
Heidenhain Numeric B.V.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands

2. Electronic Transfer

3. Create New Folder in Hotmail

4. multiple daemons

5. STILL can't create new Hotmail folder

6. WTB:Dragon 32 or 64

7. can`t create `new folder`

8. Cash Flow Forecasting

9. Creating a Windows Folder through SAS

10. Can SAS create a folder on harddrive under Windows system?

11. reset V8 window settings to defaults?

12. reset V8 window settings to defaults? FLUFF