Shortcuts to NSE Sub-items

Post by Dann » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 10:48:56

Hi.

I am trying to create a shortcut to a sub-item in my NSE (a descendant of
the root item). I successfully create the shortcut (via IShellLink) but when
I try and invoke it, nothing happens. I am calling IShellLink::SetIDList
with the fully-qualified PIDL to the item.

However, I can successfully create and invoke a shortcut to my NSE itself
(the NSE root). Sub-items do not work.

Is this a feature or a known bug? Or do I have to do something different for
NSE sub-items?

Thanks!

-Danny-

Shortcuts to NSE Sub-items

Post by Henk Devo » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:34:15

You have to implement IContextMenu for your item.
The flag CMF_VERBSONLY will be set.
Executing the shortcut will execute the default command.

Henk Devos
http://www.whirlingdervishes.com

Quote:> Hi.

> I am trying to create a shortcut to a sub-item in my NSE (a descendant of
> the root item). I successfully create the shortcut (via IShellLink) but
when
> I try and invoke it, nothing happens. I am calling IShellLink::SetIDList
> with the fully-qualified PIDL to the item.

> However, I can successfully create and invoke a shortcut to my NSE itself
> (the NSE root). Sub-items do not work.

> Is this a feature or a known bug? Or do I have to do something different
for
> NSE sub-items?

> Thanks!

> -Danny-

1. Order of User-Information Sub-Items in A-ASSOCIATE-RQ?

We have encountered DICOM servers, which only accept A-ASSOCIATE-RQ with
the Maximum length sub-item as first sub-item of the User Information
Item.

But I have not found any hint in DICOM Part 7&8, that would justify such
restriction.

--
gunter zeilinger   http://www.tiani.org/~gunter
Tiani MedGraph     http://www.tiani.com

2. RichEdit for double byte character set

3. Ordering of user info sub-items

4. ext. keyboard for Palm

5. Entering Duration for Summary item but not sub items???

6. DeScribe vs. Winword

7. Shortcut "Target" menu for NSE objects

8. Help - Need to run Mosaic under Warp

9. Shortcut to NSE's

10. Shortcut to NSE folder created from CFSTR_SHELLIDLIST not functioning on Win2K

11. navigating nse sub-folders

12. How to add drop-down menu to toolbar item in NSE

13. Adding items/folder to NSE tree