What clipboard format does Outlook use for email attachments?

What clipboard format does Outlook use for email attachments?

Post by Dann » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:47:09

Hi.

What clipboard format does Outlook use for email file attachments? I am
tracking CF_HDROP when I drag a file attachment from an Outlook message but
that doesnt work. Neither do the file-name and file-descriptor formats. But
when I drag an attachment from an Outlook message to the clipboard (or an
Explorer folder), that works.

Thanks in advance!

-Danny-

What clipboard format does Outlook use for email attachments?

Post by Tim Robinso » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:46:32

Start the DataObject Viewer program that comes with VC++ 6 and the Platform
SDK, and drag an attachment onto there. It will tell you all the formats
present.

--
Tim Robinson (MVP, Windows SDK)
http://www.themobius.co.uk/

Quote:> Hi.

Post by Jim Barr » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:56:22

> What clipboard format does Outlook use for email file attachments?

CFSTR_FILECONTENTS + CFSTR_FILEDESCRIPTOR.

--
Jim Barry, MVP for Windows SDK

What clipboard format does Outlook use for email attachments?

Post by Thomas Els?sse » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:44:11

Hello,

MS Outlook is no problem with the CFSTR_FILECONTENTS + CFSTR_FILEDESCRIPTOR,
but I have to support Lotus Notes (drag&drop messages to my NSE) as well.
They don't seem to use the Windows Clipboard!? Does anyone have the same
problem? Or yet a solution??

Regards,
Thomas

Post by Jim Barr » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:11:29

> I have to support Lotus Notes (drag&drop messages to my NSE) as well.
> They don't seem to use the Windows Clipboard!?

I'm afraid I don't use Lotus Notes. Are you saying it doesn't use OLE drag drop? Does nothing show up if you drag messages onto the Data Object Viewer?

--
Jim Barry, MVP for Windows SDK
"For bureaucratic reasons, we settled on one issue, weapons of mass

Post by Thomas Els?sse » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 01:20:59

I'm afraid I don't use Lotus Notes. Are you saying it doesn't use OLE drag
drop? Does nothing show up if you drag messages onto the Data Object Viewer?

Hi Jim,

no, the cursor gets the "stop" icon when I drag a file over the "Data Object
Viewer". Only when I press STRG+SHIFT, I can drop it as a "link", and then I
get "Link Source Descriptor" (HGLOBAL), "Link Source" (IStream) and
"CF_METAFILEPICT" (MFPict). Maybe, they implemented an own drag&drop
mechanism, and only "inside" Lotus Notes?

Thomas