drive letter from full device name

Post by enrico ly » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 04:36:34

hello,

how can i find a drive letter to a full device path?
i try to use the imapi library for cd recording and the
idiscdrecorder::getpath always returns the full path for
the device, like \device\cdrom0.
how can i get the path name for this device?

thanks in advance
enrico

Post by Jim Barr » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 00:33:37

> how can i find a drive letter to a full device path?
> i try to use the imapi library for cd recording and the
> idiscdrecorder::getpath always returns the full path for
> the device, like \device\cdrom0.
> how can i get the path name for this device?

Have a look at QueryDosDevice. You can work through the drives returned by GetLogicalDrives or GetLogicalDriveStrings.

--
Jim Barry, MVP for Windows SDK
"For bureaucratic reasons, we settled on one issue, weapons of mass