how is the screensaver triggered ?

Post by poon » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 23:44:28

Hi,
        i am looking towards trapping the event that triggers the Windows
ScreenSaver !!
that is , duration for which there were no KeyBoard/Mouse inputs.

        would prefer not to hook into Kboard/Mouse events.
        as i believe that windows does maintain a duration counter since the

        i would be happy to trap this
        or maybe the event sent to the screensaver

please enlighten me about retrieving this information

Thanks in advance

regards
-poonas

how is the screensaver triggered ?

Post by David Lownde » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:11:02

Quote:>    i am looking towards trapping the event that triggers the Windows
>ScreenSaver !!
>    i would be happy to trap this
>    or maybe the event sent to the screensaver

You can detect the screen saver starting via a global message hook
(WH_GETMESSAGE) and check for the WM_SYSCOMMAND SC_SCREENSAVE message.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

1. Calling a trigger from a trigger

I have a number of tables that have a group of fields in common.
I want to process theses fields in a before trigger (before insert or
update), but each of the tables have before triggers for processing of
other non-common data fields.

It seems that from a pl/pgsql trigger I cannot call another trigger (the
one that would be common to all) and if I just attach the common trigger as
a second trigger to each table then (according to the docs) there is no
guarantee of the execution order (which I need ... each table requires the
common stuff to be processed before the non-common stuff).

Is there a way to achieve this requirement without duplicating the code
from the common-part in each of table triggers?

Thanks, in advance, for any thoughts
Mike.

Mike Finn

2. Any good places ?

3. Calling trigger from trigger - bad order in postgresql?

4. Ultra Compressor

5. Update Row Level Trigger: default value for update trigger

6. can't find package error message

7. Is developing of Time-Triggered OS harder, than Event-Triggered one ?

8. IntranetWare admin utils that do NOT require Novell's Client32?

9. event triggered vs time triggered RTOS'

10. I-AM I-AM From Pope Bass

11. I am picked for xbox live and I am from brooklyn new york

12. I-Am I-AM "The Reverend Robert L. Bass "

13. Meet Robert L Bass - I AM - I AM