SHCreateShellFolderView(Ex) and owner drawn list view control

SHCreateShellFolderView(Ex) and owner drawn list view control

Post by Timo Partane » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:05:53

Hey!

All we know that SHCreateShellFolderView(Ex) provides a way to implement SNE
(Shell Namespace Extension) with less time and work. However, does it
provide fully customizable features like self drawing a list view control
being currently in report mode? Can programmer do with the window created by
SHCreateShellFolderView(Ex) as he/she has created it itself?

I took a brief look at the documentation available for
SHCreateShellFolderView(Ex) and found the SFVM_WINDOWCREATED message to be
the only choise/possibility to start doing those kinds of things. Am I
right?

BR Partsi

1. Adding+renaming a new item to the default Shell view (created with SHCreateShellFolderView)

Hi!

I implemented a Shell Namespace Extension using the default shell view via
SHCreateShellFolderView(). Now I want to implement the menu item "New
Folder" -- this seems to be easy, but a problem occured.

This is what I do in detail:

- Adding a new folder to my data
- Calling SHChangeNotify( SHCNE_MKDIR )
- Calling IShellView::SelectItem( SVSI_EDIT )

But the call of IShellView::SelectItem() returns always E_FAIL, because the
shell view don't know anything about the item yet, because it hasn't
handled the SHCNR_MKDIR message yet. I solved this problem with a separate
background thread, this thread gets started right after the call of
SHChangeNotify(). The background thread waits 100 ms and then calls
IShellView::SelectItem(). Well, this works, but I'm not very happy with
this sick solution. Furthermore it causes the item to flicker.

Has anybody an idea how to implement this in a better way?

Regards,
Axel

2. Question to generate Traps

3. List View Control (Experimental)

4. Cisco 801 (ISDN): DNS Relay

5. List View Control

6. Video drivers for Paradise cards

7. list view control in 95

8. Putting a sprite on a background

9. SQA TEAMTEST PROBLEM - OWNER DRAW LISTBOX

10. Macintosh Owner Questionairre ( and Drawing Entry )

11. owner drawn menus

12. Owner-Draw Combobox problem. Michael?

13. Owner-Draw ListBox