1. IShellFolder::ParseDisplayName called with strange arguments
Has anyone had any experience with ParseDisplayName being called "out
of the blue" with weird arguments?
When I expand a 2nd-level folder (just under my root), mine is being
called with the following (weird) arguments:
this 0x02201e40 (seems to be right for my 2nd-level folder)
hwndOwner 0x00c2f1f8 (bogus handle, I checked)
pdwAttributes 0x02201e40 (NOTE - always same value as 'this' pointer)
While trying to find the source of a crash that occured after
CreateViewObject was called, I noticed that, whether I provided an
IShellView or not, ParseDisplay name would be consistently called for
I understand the workings of WantsForParsing and other reasons why
ParseDisplayName would be called, but in this case, there is no reason
At no time do I ever return a display name from GetDisplayNameOf. And
though I do have WantsForParsing set in the registry, my
GetDisplayName always returns E_NOTIMPL on the first line of the
Furthermore, just to be sure, I went to another namespace extension (I
am writing 2), and this behaviour does not occur in the 2nd one. A no
time is GetDisplayNameOf called during the expansion of my NSE tree.
I look at the value denoted as the 'this' pointer for
ParseDisplayName, and it looks correct - the data that it contains
seems to be right. However, the arguments to the function are
obviously wrong, and in any case, this method should not be called.
The only thing I can think of is that the virtual function table of my
2nd level folder is being corrupted somehow, but I am not doing
anything out of the ordinary to cause this.
2. ISDN and Analog Modems
3. PRB: IShellFolder::ParseDisplayName and '..'
4. fix pack installaton
5. Caching IShellFolders for IShellFolder::BindToObject
6. pleae help (amiga user) help
7. org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: remote exception - Unknown error
8. What happened to BZONE?????
9. Catching unknown socket (or unknown handle / filehandle)
10. Error, (in unknown) unknown uses a 2nd argument, c (of type string), which is missing
11. Common Dialog NSE ParseDisplayName GetOpenFileName GetDisplayNameOf
12. How to find absolute PIDLs using ParseDisplayName?
13. XP IShellFolder::EnumObjects bug