Total Document or Content Managment software needed

Total Document or Content Managment software needed

Post by AGan » Sun, 15 Jul 2001 04:29:53

I am on a federal project and need to find software that can
accommodate scanning documents in and intergrating with a variety of
platforms including an electronic web-based xml application.
Conversion to electronics is needed for videotapes or CD-ROMs and any
other non-electronic media. Communication with ASCII, SGML, and
photocomposition for publishing is needed. Additionally, traditional
Workflow management and Records management is needed. The idea is to
create a total electronic workflow from paper and a variety of media,
that interfaces to the web as needed and not necessarily web-based.

Is there such software that can handle this?

If so, which one is the best?

I have heard of Open Text, FileNet and Documentum. Has anyone used
these products and can recommend and or not recommend them?

Total Document or Content Managment software needed

Post by Johan Marten » Sun, 15 Jul 2001 05:15:32

Alison,

my advice is to go for the Livelink Open Text or the Documentum solution.
At this moment they are top. Filenet has more an imaging background and
they are moving towards content management.

With respect to SGML repositories try to have a look at STEP GmbH. To my
humble opinion: the best.

Regs,
Johan Martens
Document Management Consultant
Unisys
+32-2-7280591

> I am on a federal project and need to find software that can
> accommodate scanning documents in and intergrating with a variety of
> platforms including an electronic web-based xml application.
> Conversion to electronics is needed for videotapes or CD-ROMs and any
> other non-electronic media. Communication with ASCII, SGML, and
> photocomposition for publishing is needed. Additionally, traditional
> Workflow management and Records management is needed. The idea is to
> create a total electronic workflow from paper and a variety of media,
> that interfaces to the web as needed and not necessarily web-based.

> Is there such software that can handle this?

> If so, which one is the best?

> I have heard of Open Text, FileNet and Documentum. Has anyone used
> these products and can recommend and or not recommend them?

1. Need a Document Managment System?

Hi - I was wondering if someone can help point me to a web-based
document repository tool like Xerox's Docushare which would have the
following capabilities:
- Security control using LDAP
- Power Searching capabilites
- Able to store documents in categories and sub categories.

Thanks in advance.

--
Ahmad Malik
Decision Consultants, Inc.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. uninstaling win 2000 pro

3. Knowledge Management/Document Management/Content Management Software for Linux

4. Recent Folders/projects list

5. Scanning Software and Document Management Software needed

6. Q: Mapping Key with value greater than 127?

7. Need Total Scan installation software

8. ADS- how do I reindex???

9. version control, bug tracking, document and project managment

10. Freeware Document Managment System ( QDocs )

11. Document Managment System for Privat use

12. Document Managment Systems

13. Document Managment Question :-)