Lookup Item No. from Stock.xls in Order.xls

Lookup Item No. from Stock.xls in Order.xls

Post by Rashid Kha » Sun, 03 Jun 2012 16:44:54

Hello All

I am enclosing two files viz Stock.xls and Order.xls

I wish to have a formula in Order.xls in the IS PRESENT column on all the
3 Sheets (PF,MU,PR) to lookup for Item No. from Stock.xls (6 digits from
left only) and say Yes if present or No if not present.

TIA

Rashid

  Stock.xls
143K Download

  Order.xls
186K Download

Lookup Item No. from Stock.xls in Order.xls

Post by vijayajith V » Sun, 03 Jun 2012 17:12:39

Hi Rashid,,

As you requested.. Please find ...attached file...Thanks

> Hello All

> I am enclosing two files viz Stock.xls and Order.xls

> I wish to have a formula in Order.xls in the IS PRESENT column on all
> the 3 Sheets (PF,MU,PR) to lookup for Item No. from Stock.xls (6 digits
> from left only) and say Yes if present or No if not present.

> TIA

> Rashid

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

  New Folder.zip
141K Download

Lookup Item No. from Stock.xls in Order.xls

Post by prkhan5 » Tue, 05 Jun 2012 01:41:11

Thanks.
But it is showing "Yes" for Blanks also.
I wish to show Blank for Blanks.

> Hi Rashid
> As you requested.. Please find ...attached file...Thanks

>> Hello All

>> I am enclosing two files viz Stock.xls and Order.xls

>> I wish to have a formula in Order.xls in the IS PRESENT column on all
>> the 3 Sheets (PF,MU,PR) to lookup for Item No. from Stock.xls (6 digits
>> from left only) and say Yes if present or No if not present.

>> TIA

>> Rashid

>> --
>> FORUM RULES (986+ members already BANNED for violation)

>> 1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please
>> Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice
>> will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

>> 2) Don't post a question in the thread of another member.

>> 3) Don't post questions regarding breaking or bypassing any security
>> measure.

>> 4) Acknowledge the responses you receive, good or bad.

>> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
>> signatures are prohibited.

>> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum
>> owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

Lookup Item No. from Stock.xls in Order.xls

Post by Marie » Tue, 05 Jun 2012 20:27:17

Hi

Use one more *IF* condition with your formula to show blank as blank.

=IF(A1="","",Formula)

> Thanks.
> But it is showing "Yes" for Blanks also.
> I wish to show Blank for Blanks.

>> Hi Rashid
>> As you requested.. Please find ...attached file...Thanks

>>> Hello All

>>> I am enclosing two files viz Stock.xls and Order.xls

>>> I wish to have a formula in Order.xls in the IS PRESENT column on all
>>> the 3 Sheets (PF,MU,PR) to lookup for Item No. from Stock.xls (6 digits
>>> from left only) and say Yes if present or No if not present.

>>> TIA

>>> Rashid

>>> --
>>> FORUM RULES (986+ members already BANNED for violation)

>>> 1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please
>>> Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice
>>> will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

>>> 2) Don't post a question in the thread of another member.

>>> 3) Don't post questions regarding breaking or bypassing any security
>>> measure.

>>> 4) Acknowledge the responses you receive, good or bad.

>>> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
>>> signatures are prohibited.

>>> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook.
>>> Forum owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

>>> ------------------------------**------------

>>  --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

*
*
*  MARIES*
Excel Inspiration <http://xcel-inspiration.blogspot.com/>

Lookup Item No. from Stock.xls in Order.xls

Post by NOORAIN ANSAR » Tue, 05 Jun 2012 21:27:54

You can also use..

=*IF(ISBLANK(B2),"","formula")*

> Thanks.
> But it is showing "Yes" for Blanks also.
> I wish to show Blank for Blanks.

>> Hi Rashid
>> As you requested.. Please find ...attached file...Thanks

>>> Hello All

>>> I am enclosing two files viz Stock.xls and Order.xls

>>> I wish to have a formula in Order.xls in the IS PRESENT column on all
>>> the 3 Sheets (PF,MU,PR) to lookup for Item No. from Stock.xls (6 digits
>>> from left only) and say Yes if present or No if not present.

>>> TIA

>>> Rashid

>>> --
>>> FORUM RULES (986+ members already BANNED for violation)

>>> 1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please
>>> Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice
>>> will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

>>> 2) Don't post a question in the thread of another member.

>>> 3) Don't post questions regarding breaking or bypassing any security
>>> measure.

>>> 4) Acknowledge the responses you receive, good or bad.

>>> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
>>> signatures are prohibited.

>>> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook.
>>> Forum owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

>>> ------------------------------**------------

>>  --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

Thanks & regards,
Noorain Ansari
www.noorainansari.com
www.excelmacroworld.blogspot.com

Lookup Item No. from Stock.xls in Order.xls

Post by vijayajith V » Tue, 05 Jun 2012 22:59:40

Hi ,,
Then removie ..YES ..just give " " ....

Thanks

=IF(NOT(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A7,'C:\Documents and Settings\user\My
Documents\Downloads\New Folder\[Stock.xls]Sheet1'!$C$5:$C$914,1,0))),"NO","
")

> Thanks.
> But it is showing "Yes" for Blanks also.
> I wish to show Blank for Blanks.

>> Hi Rashid
>> As you requested.. Please find ...attached file...Thanks

>>> Hello All

>>> I am enclosing two files viz Stock.xls and Order.xls

>>> I wish to have a formula in Order.xls in the IS PRESENT column on all
>>> the 3 Sheets (PF,MU,PR) to lookup for Item No. from Stock.xls (6 digits
>>> from left only) and say Yes if present or No if not present.

>>> TIA

>>> Rashid

>>> --
>>> FORUM RULES (986+ members already BANNED for violation)

>>> 1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please
>>> Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice
>>> will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

>>> 2) Don't post a question in the thread of another member.

>>> 3) Don't post questions regarding breaking or bypassing any security
>>> measure.

>>> 4) Acknowledge the responses you receive, good or bad.

>>> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
>>> signatures are prohibited.

>>> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook.
>>> Forum owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

>>  --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

Lookup Item No. from Stock.xls in Order.xls

Thanks Asa, Noorain and Vijayjith for your help. Works great.