Help needed to find total & Unique count from a range of moving dates

Help needed to find total & Unique count from a range of moving dates

Post by MER » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 21:48:08

Dear All,

Need your help..

Please find attached excel file. I need to analyse revisit of vehicles in workshop with a moving average of 30 days.... 1st aug to 1st Sept, 2nsAug to 2nsSept. Thus I need total count of vehicles in a period & unique count of vehicles in a period.

One sheet is log - raw data & other sheet is Revisit summary where in I need answer is orange cells. I could get the result fir the first period (1st Aug to 1st Sept)butcould not get the correct answer for second period onwards....

Also suggest if any changes can be done to simplify the formula used in current file...

Regards,
Amit Desai

________________________________
Disclaimer: This message and its attachments contain confidential information and may also contain legally privileged information. This message is intended solely for the named addressee. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or authorized to receive for addressee), you may not copy or deliver any part of this message or its attachments to anyone or use any part of this message or its attachments. Rather, you should permanently delete this message and its attachments (and all copies) from your system and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any content of this message and its attachments that does not relate to the official business of Meru Cab Company Pvt. Ltd. must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by any of them. Email communications are not private and no warranty is made that e-mail communications are timely, secure or free from computer virus or other defect.

  Revisit Delhi Aug__Sep_till 24_web.xls
2833K Download

Help needed to find total & Unique count from a range of moving dates

Post by Sam Mathai Chack » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 00:58:04

Hi Amit,

Follow steps carefully in sequence

Add 3 named ranges as below

Vehicle=LOG!$E$2:INDEX(LOG!$E$2:$E$10000,MATCH(REPT("z",20),LOG!$E$2:$E$10000,1))
EntryDate=LOG!$B$2:INDEX(LOG!$B$2:$B$10000,MATCH(9E+305,LOG!$B$2:$B$10000,1))
Data=IF((EntryDate>=Sheet2!$A1)*(EntryDate<=Sheet2!$B1)=1,Vehicle,"")

Once you are done with that, use the following formulas in your Revisit
summary sheet

D5=SUMPRODUCT((EntryDate>=$A5)*(EntryDate<=$B5))
E5=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(LEN(Data)>0,MATCH(Data,Data,0),""),
IF(LEN(Data)>0,MATCH(Data,Data,0),""))>0,1)) *Array Formula*
F5=D5-E5
G5=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(LEN(Data)>0,MATCH(Data,Data,0),""),
IF(LEN(Data)>0,MATCH(Data,Data,0),""))=G$3,1)) *Array Formula*

H5:L5 - Copy formula from G5

You can continue from M5 to a few more columns to the right, (maybe till
frequency of 10) and copy the above formula

OR

have all frequencies greater than or equal to 7 by slightly modifying the
above formula as this

M5=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(LEN(Data)>0,MATCH(Data,Data,0),""),
IF(LEN(Data)>0,MATCH(Data,Data,0),""))*>*=M$3,1)) *Array Formula*

Note the last part where I added a greater than symbol. Unfortunately, I am
not able to upload the file now.

Happy Meru Cabbing. We enjoy your service.

Regards,

Sam Mathai Chacko (GL)

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Amit Desai (MERU)

--
Sam Mathai Chacko

Help needed to find total & Unique count from a range of moving dates

Post by MER » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 03:40:08

Dear Sam,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.... but I could not understand the range "Data" - how to create a range. I have selected data set in for Vehicle & EntryDate & created data  range for the same. But could not move further since I could not create "Data" range.

And yes, thanks a lot for appreciating Meru's service....

Regards,
Amit Desai

Sent: 02 October 2011 21:28

Subject: Re: $$Excel-Macros$$ Help needed to find total & Unique count from a range of moving dates

[...]

Post by Sam Mathai Chack » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 04:15:05

Amit, please go to Names Manager, and give the name of the range as Data,
and use the formula that I provided below. To go to Name Manager using a
short-cut key, hit CTRL+F3

Post back if you need more help.

Regards,

Sam Mathai Chacko (GL)

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 12:10 AM, Amit Desai (MERU)

> [...]

> been sent or endorsed by any of them. Email communications are not private
> and no warranty is made that e-mail communications are timely, secure or
> free from computer virus or other defect.

> --

> Some important links for excel users:
> 1. Follow us on TWITTER for tips tricks and links :
> http://twitter.com/exceldailytip

> 3. Excel tutorials at http://www.excel-macros.blogspot.com
> 4. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.quickvba.blogspot.com
> 5. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com

> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
> Like our page on facebook , Just follow below link
> http://www.facebook.com/discussexcel

--
Sam Mathai Chacko

Help needed to find total & Unique count from a range of moving dates

Post by MER » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 05:15:36

Sam, I am getting an error....please see attached file - ref. Sheet - revisit..E5

Regards,
Amit Desai

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Amit Desai (MERU) <amit.de...@merucabs.com<mailto:amit.de...@merucabs.com>> wrote:
[...]

2835K Download

Help needed to find total & Unique count from a range of moving dates

Post by Sam Mathai Chack » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 06:09:12

Hi Amit, couldn't check your file, but I made one from the original file you
had posted. Here's the copy, I have put in all the formula as described in
my first post.

Will I get any free pass in Meru Cabs :D

Regards,

Sam Mathai Chacko (GL)

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 1:45 AM, Amit Desai (MERU)
<amit.de...@merucabs.com>wrote:

>  Sam, I am getting an error....please see attached file ref. Sheet
> revisit..E5****

> ** **

> Regards,****

> *Amit Desai*****

> ** **

read more »

  MERU CAB.xlsx
223K Download

1. Unique count for a date & between range

Dear All,

Please help to calculate unique count for a date & for a date range.

Best Regards,
Amit

________________________________
[...]

2. Debugger

3. Need Help with Programming Excel to move through a Range & run Calculations

4. Psion S5 and Outlook 98

5. any 'simple' way to select count of unique values in a cell range?

6. Enh. MetaFile Resouce Use

7. Unique Constraint Based on Date Range

8. Is Palm VII useless in Europe?

9. How to count the number of cells in a column within a range af dates?

10. Help: I need to know how to count days in a date column.

11. If Exist help needed: Excel date counting

12. Need help with "differnt types" of range finding devices.

13. need formula, moving total