MS EXCEL 2007 and Significance Testing

Post by Sarah Seage » Sat, 01 Oct 2011 00:54:49

I have data from two surveys. One survey was completed on 900 people
before a certain event happened, and then a second survey was
completed on a further 900 people after an event happened.

I need to calculate the % difference between the two whilst looking at
the demographics of the individuals.

E.g. difference between gender, ethnic group, age groups, etc.

I also then have to calculate the p-value of each of these to show
whether the difference between the pre and post surveys is
significant.

I'm guessing that a Chi-squared test is best for this, but how do I go
about doing this in excel?

Surely there's a simply way of just calculating the p-value of the
difference between the two surveys?