extract data from table

Post by joseph camil » Thu, 07 Jun 2012 04:21:31

Hi,

I have a table and need to extract data that is non-zero.

Attached is the sample file for your reference.

Thanks,
Joseph

  table.xlsx
14K Download

extract data from table

Post by Vish » Thu, 07 Jun 2012 04:40:33

Hi,

Is your table going to be the same? I mean the number of columns and rows
going to be same??

> Hi,

> I have a table and need to extract data that is non-zero.

> Attached is the sample file for your reference.

> Thanks,
> Joseph

> Hi,

> I have a table and need to extract data that is non-zero.

> Attached is the sample file for your reference.

> Thanks,
> Joseph

extract data from table

Post by joseph camil » Thu, 07 Jun 2012 04:48:35

yes, the number of rows and columns will be the same, but the values in it
may change.

> Hi,

> Is your table going to be the same? I mean the number of columns and rows
> going to be same??

>> Hi,

>> I have a table and need to extract data that is non-zero.

>> Attached is the sample file for your reference.

>> Thanks,
>> Joseph

>> Hi,

>> I have a table and need to extract data that is non-zero.

>> Attached is the sample file for your reference.

>> Thanks,
>> Joseph

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

extract data from table

Post by joseph camil » Thu, 07 Jun 2012 04:53:33

Can you also give me an option if my number of rows change.

> yes, the number of rows and columns will be the same, but the values in it
> may change.

>> Hi,

>> Is your table going to be the same? I mean the number of columns and rows
>> going to be same??

>>> Hi,

>>> I have a table and need to extract data that is non-zero.

>>> Attached is the sample file for your reference.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Joseph

>>> Hi,

>>> I have a table and need to extract data that is non-zero.

>>> Attached is the sample file for your reference.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Joseph

>> --
>> FORUM RULES (986+ members already BANNED for violation)

>> 1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please
>> Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice
>> will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

>> 2) Don't post a question in the thread of another member.

>> 3) Don't post questions regarding breaking or bypassing any security
>> measure.

>> 4) Acknowledge the responses you receive, good or bad.

>> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
>> signatures are prohibited.

>> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum
>> owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

extract data from table

Post by bpascal12 » Thu, 07 Jun 2012 08:47:30

Hi Joseph,
Do you want this done with formula or Vba script?
Pascal

extract data from table

Post by NOORAIN ANSAR » Thu, 07 Jun 2012 11:31:33

Dear Joseph,

Please find attached sheet, Hope it will help to you.

for Column Heading
=IFERROR(INDEX($1:$1,0,SMALL(IF(($A$2:$A$11=$A$16)*($A$2:$S$11<>0),COLUMN($B$1:$S$1),""),COLUMN(B1))-1),"")
For Numbers without 0
=IFERROR(HLOOKUP(B$15,$B$1:$S$11,MATCH($A16,$A$1:$A$11,0),0),"")

--
Thanks & regards,
Noorain Ansari

> Hi,

> Is your table going to be the same? I mean the number of columns and rows
> going to be same??

>> Hi,

>> I have a table and need to extract data that is non-zero.

>> Attached is the sample file for your reference.

>> Thanks,
>> Joseph

>> Hi,

>> I have a table and need to extract data that is non-zero.

>> Attached is the sample file for your reference.

>> Thanks,
>> Joseph

>  --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

  Copy of table.xlsx
15K Download

extract data from table

Post by Seraj Ala » Thu, 07 Jun 2012 12:31:55

Hi

You can use below formula also...

=IFERROR(INDEX($B$3:$S$3,MATCH(B$19,$B$1:$S$1,0)),"")

> Dear Joseph,

> Please find attached sheet, Hope it will help to you.

> for Column Heading

> =IFERROR(INDEX($1:$1,0,SMALL(IF(($A$2:$A$11=$A$16)*($A$2:$S$11<>0),COLUMN($B$1:$S$1),""),COLUMN(B1))-1),"")
> For Numbers without 0
> =IFERROR(HLOOKUP(B$15,$B$1:$S$11,MATCH($A16,$A$1:$A$11,0),0),"")

> --
> Thanks & regards,
> Noorain Ansari
> www.noorainansari.com
> www.excelmacroworld.blogspot.com

>> Hi,

>> Is your table going to be the same? I mean the number of columns and rows
>> going to be same??

>>> Hi,

>>> I have a table and need to extract data that is non-zero.

>>> Attached is the sample file for your reference.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Joseph

>>> Hi,

>>> I have a table and need to extract data that is non-zero.

>>> Attached is the sample file for your reference.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Joseph

>>  --
>> FORUM RULES (986+ members already BANNED for violation)

>> 1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please
>> Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice
>> will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

>> 2) Don't post a question in the thread of another member.

>> 3) Don't post questions regarding breaking or bypassing any security
>> measure.

>> 4) Acknowledge the responses you receive, good or bad.

>> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
>> signatures are prohibited.

>> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum
>> owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

>  --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

Thanks & Regards
Seraj Alam
*+91 989 130 1776*

  solved table.xlsx
15K Download

extract data from table

Post by joseph.cam.. » Thu, 07 Jun 2012 13:03:24

Great Noorain and Seraj,

Will revert if incase of any issue.

Sent on my BlackBerry? from Vodafone

=IFERROR(INDEX($B$3:$S$3,MATCH(B$19,$B$1:$S$1,0)),"")

> Dear Joseph,

> Please find attached sheet, Hope it will help to you.

> for Column Heading

> =IFERROR(INDEX($1:$1,0,SMALL(IF(($A$2:$A$11=$A$16)*($A$2:$S$11<>0),COLUMN($B$1:$S$1),""),COLUMN(B1))-1),"")
> For Numbers without 0
> =IFERROR(HLOOKUP(B$15,$B$1:$S$11,MATCH($A16,$A$1:$A$11,0),0),"")

> --
> Thanks & regards,
> Noorain Ansari
> www.noorainansari.com
> www.excelmacroworld.blogspot.com

>> Hi,

>> Is your table going to be the same? I mean the number of columns and rows
>> going to be same??

>>> Hi,

>>> I have a table and need to extract data that is non-zero.

>>> Attached is the sample file for your reference.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Joseph

>>> Hi,

>>> I have a table and need to extract data that is non-zero.

>>> Attached is the sample file for your reference.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Joseph

>>  --
>> FORUM RULES (986+ members already BANNED for violation)

>> 1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please
>> Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice
>> will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

>> 2) Don't post a question in the thread of another member.

>> 3) Don't post questions regarding breaking or bypassing any security
>> measure.

>> 4) Acknowledge the responses you receive, good or bad.

>> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
>> signatures are prohibited.

>> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum
>> owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

>  --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

Thanks & Regards
Seraj Alam
*+91 989 130 1776*

1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

5)  Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in signatures are prohibited.

NOTE  : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

extract data from table

Post by Deepak Rawa » Thu, 07 Jun 2012 20:16:42

Hi

PFA, the solution.

Regards,
Deepak Rawat

> Hi,

> I have a table and need to extract data that is non-zero.

> Attached is the sample file for your reference.

> Thanks,
> Joseph

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

  table.xlsx
15K Download

extract data from table

Post by joseph.cam.. » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 01:46:08

Noorain, I liked your formula as it is working per my requirement. Now, I need to build a chart based on this. Can we have a column chart that uses the exact columns and ignore the extras.
Sent on my BlackBerry? from Vodafone

=IFERROR(INDEX($B$3:$S$3,MATCH(B$19,$B$1:$S$1,0)),"")

> Dear Joseph,

> Please find attached sheet, Hope it will help to you.

> for Column Heading

> =IFERROR(INDEX($1:$1,0,SMALL(IF(($A$2:$A$11=$A$16)*($A$2:$S$11<>0),COLUMN($B$1:$S$1),""),COLUMN(B1))-1),"")
> For Numbers without 0
> =IFERROR(HLOOKUP(B$15,$B$1:$S$11,MATCH($A16,$A$1:$A$11,0),0),"")

> --
> Thanks & regards,
> Noorain Ansari
> www.noorainansari.com
> www.excelmacroworld.blogspot.com

>> Hi,

>> Is your table going to be the same? I mean the number of columns and rows
>> going to be same??

>>> Hi,

>>> I have a table and need to extract data that is non-zero.

>>> Attached is the sample file for your reference.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Joseph

>>> Hi,

>>> I have a table and need to extract data that is non-zero.

>>> Attached is the sample file for your reference.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Joseph

>>  --
>> FORUM RULES (986+ members already BANNED for violation)

>> 1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please
>> Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice
>> will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

>> 2) Don't post a question in the thread of another member.

>> 3) Don't post questions regarding breaking or bypassing any security
>> measure.

>> 4) Acknowledge the responses you receive, good or bad.

>> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
>> signatures are prohibited.

>> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum
>> owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

>  --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

Thanks & Regards
Seraj Alam
*+91 989 130 1776*

1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

5)  Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in signatures are prohibited.

NOTE  : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

1. Extracting data from tables to a file

I am fairly new to PB and have run into what seems like a limitation.
Basically, I want to design many charcter-based fixed position datawindows
and then save the data from them to a file.  .SaveAs is restricted to TAB,
Comma or some other separated format.  I want the file to be exactly what
is in the DataWindow.  For example:
         1         2
12345678901234567890

ABCDEFG    AB'TEST'
XYZABC     PL'0300'

Notice the column numbers.  The data must be in the correct position
(the column numbers are not part of the datawindow).

1.  My biggest problem is creating a datawindow with exact positioning like
    this.  The datawindow is not very good for character based output.  Does
    anyone know of some neat tricks to allow easier design of character based
    datawindows?

2.  I believe I could write a script to write out one line of the datawindow
    at a time;  is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
  Brian (PB newbie)

2. Modem Connect speed Phoebe CMV1456VQE-T1 External 56Kbps/V.90 &X2 FAX/Modem??

3. Data Extracting - Excel equivalent of Lotus /Data Query Extract

4. Ebay- TSR's AD&D Pool of Radiance Computer Game and Hint Book

5. Possible to extract zip data if table corrupt?

6. ANN: Reminder - NCPSUG meeting Thursday night

7. Pivot Table data extract

8. Universal Headers

9. Table - extract some data

10. How to extract table in Acrobat to Excel Table?

11. Pivot table to remain intact - even if data table is removed

12. File Allocation Table Extract