Extract Names from different sheet into one sheet

Extract Names from different sheet into one sheet

Post by hilary lomote » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 00:39:25

Hello Experts,

i have data of names sitting in sheet 2 to sheet 4 in the attached. is it
possible to have a formula to extract all these names into one column in
sheet 1. thanks

  Extract names from other sheets to one sheet.xlsx
13K Download

Extract Names from different sheet into one sheet

Post by NOORAIN ANSAR » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 00:45:14

Hi Hilary,

Sub extract_Sheetname()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim i As Integer
Dim j As Integer
Set ws = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1)
For i = 1 To Sheets.Count
j = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row + 1
ws.Cells(j, "B").Value = Sheets(i).Name
Next i
End Sub

--
Thanks & regards,
Noorain Ansari

> Hello Experts,

> i have data of names sitting in sheet 2 to sheet 4 in the attached. is it
> possible to have a formula to extract all these names into one column in
> sheet 1. thanks

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

Extract Names from different sheet into one sheet

Post by NOORAIN ANSAR » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 00:46:54

See attached sheet.

> Hi Hilary,

> Sub extract_Sheetname()
> Dim ws As Worksheet
> Dim i As Integer
> Dim j As Integer
> Set ws = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1)
> For i = 1 To Sheets.Count
> j = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row + 1
> ws.Cells(j, "B").Value = Sheets(i).Name
> Next i
> End Sub

> --
> Thanks & regards,
> Noorain Ansari
> www.noorainansari.com
> www.excelmacroworld.blogspot.com

>> Hello Experts,

>> i have data of names sitting in sheet 2 to sheet 4 in the attached. is it
>> possible to have a formula to extract all these names into one column in
>> sheet 1. thanks

>> --
>> FORUM RULES (986+ members already BANNED for violation)

>> 1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please
>> Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice
>> will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

>> 2) Don't post a question in the thread of another member.

>> 3) Don't post questions regarding breaking or bypassing any security
>> measure.

>> 4) Acknowledge the responses you receive, good or bad.

>> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
>> signatures are prohibited.

>> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum
>> owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

Thanks & regards,
Noorain Ansari
www.noorainansari.com
www.excelmacroworld.blogspot.com

  Extract names from other sheets to one sheet(Solved).xlsm
26K Download

Extract Names from different sheet into one sheet

Post by dguillett » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 00:56:42

Why not use a macro to gather all and then do a unique on the gathered list?

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

i have data of names sitting in sheet 2 to sheet 4 in the attached. is it possible to have a formula to extract all these names into one column in sheet 1. thanks

1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in signatures are prohibited.

NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

Extract Names from different sheet into one sheet

Post by hilary lomote » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 01:10:17

Thanks, Noorain, sorry if i didnt explain my requirement well, i dont want
to extract the sheet name i want the data in the sheet name ie items in col
B. Is it possible with an excel formula ? that is preferable however if its
not possible, i wouldnt mind the code, but i only need a unique list not
repetitive anytime you activate ie if the code is used.

Don thanks but i dont know VBA thats i prefer formulas

>   Why not use a macro to gather all and then do a unique on the gathered
> list?

> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software

> *Sent:* Wednesday, June 06, 2012 10:39 AM

> *Subject:* $$Excel-Macros$$ Extract Names from different sheet into one
> sheet

> Hello Experts,

> i have data of names sitting in sheet 2 to sheet 4 in the attached. is it
> possible to have a formula to extract all these names into one column in
> sheet 1. thanks
> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

Extract Names from different sheet into one sheet

Post by ashish kou » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 01:11:23

check the attachment . see if it helps.

>   Why not use a macro to gather all and then do a unique on the gathered
> list?

> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software

> *Sent:* Wednesday, June 06, 2012 10:39 AM

> *Subject:* $$Excel-Macros$$ Extract Names from different sheet into one
> sheet

> Hello Experts,

> i have data of names sitting in sheet 2 to sheet 4 in the attached. is it
> possible to have a formula to extract all these names into one column in
> sheet 1. thanks
> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

*Regards*
* *
*Ashish Koul*
*http://www.excelvbamacros.com/*
*http://www.accessvbamacros.com/* <http://www.accessvbamacros.com/>

P Before printing, think about the environment.

  Extract names from other sheets to one sheet.xlsm
32K Download

Extract Names from different sheet into one sheet

Post by NOORAIN ANSAR » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 01:13:35

Hi hilary,

Sorry, I miss understood, Please use it

Sub extract_uniquelist()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim i As Integer
Dim j As Integer
Dim rng As Range
Set ws = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1)
For i = 2 To Sheets.Count
Set rng = Sheets(i).Range("B4:B" & Sheets(i).Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row)
j = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row + 1
rng.Copy ws.Cells(j, "B")
Next i
ws.Range("B4:B" & ws.Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row).RemoveDuplicates 1
End Sub

--
Thanks & regards,
Noorain Ansari
www.noorainansari.com
www.excelmacroworld.blogspot.com

>   Why not use a macro to gather all and then do a unique on the gathered
> list?

> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software

> *Sent:* Wednesday, June 06, 2012 10:39 AM

> *Subject:* $$Excel-Macros$$ Extract Names from different sheet into one
> sheet

> Hello Experts,

> i have data of names sitting in sheet 2 to sheet 4 in the attached. is it
> possible to have a formula to extract all these names into one column in
> sheet 1. thanks
> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

  Extract names from other sheets to one sheet(Solved).xlsm
28K Download

Extract Names from different sheet into one sheet

Post by ashish kou » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 01:30:24

please find the updated file as it will treat first country name as field
name . so i have added header in each sheet.

Thanks

> [...]

>> signatures are prohibited.

>> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum
>> owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

>  --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

*Regards*
* *
*Ashish Koul*
*http://www.excelvbamacros.com/*
*http://www.accessvbamacros.com/* <http://www.accessvbamacros.com/>

P Before printing, think about the environment.

  Extract names from other sheets to one sheet.xlsm
32K Download

Extract Names from different sheet into one sheet

Post by hilary lomote » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 01:35:20

Ash and Noorain, pls am having errors with all the work solutions provided

macro to extract, i get a debug error

i guess formula wont work for this type of problem. thanks

> [...]

>> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
>> signatures are prohibited.

>> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum
>> owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

> --
> *Regards*
> * *
> *Ashish Koul*
> *http://www.excelvbamacros.com/*
> *http://www.accessvbamacros.com/* <http://www.accessvbamacros.com/>

> P Before printing, think about the environment.

>  --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

Extract Names from different sheet into one sheet

Post by ashish kou » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 01:41:52

try this update one  also can you tell me which version of excel r u using

> [...]

>> 4) Acknowledge the responses you receive, good or bad.

>> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
>> signatures are prohibited.

>> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum
>> owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

>  --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

*Regards*
* *
*Ashish Koul*
*http://www.excelvbamacros.com/*
*http://www.accessvbamacros.com/* <http://www.accessvbamacros.com/>

P Before printing, think about the environment.

  Extract names from other sheets to one sheet.xlsm
31K Download

Extract Names from different sheet into one sheet

Post by Rajan_Verm » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 01:42:38

Nice One

Regards

Rajan verma

+91 7838100659 [IM-Gtalk]

On Behalf Of ashish koul
Sent: 06 June 2012 10:00

Subject: Re: $$Excel-Macros$$ Extract Names from different sheet into one
sheet

www.noorainansari.com <http://www.noorainansari.com/>

 <http://www.excelmacroworld.blogspot.com/> www.excelmacroworld.blogspot.com

Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 10:39 AM

[...]

Post by hilary lomote » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 01:47:18

i use 2007, look at the error below, what am i doing wrong
[image: Inline image 1]

> [...]

> * *****

> *Ashish Koul*****

> *http://www.excelvbamacros.com/*****

> *http://www.accessvbamacros.com/* <http://www.accessvbamacros.com/> ****

>  ****

> P Before printing, think about the environment.****

>  ****

> ** **

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

  image.png
201K Download

Extract Names from different sheet into one sheet

Post by NOORAIN ANSAR » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 01:56:19

Hi Hilary,

Please check this one.

--
> [...]

> * *****

> *Ashish Koul*****

> *http://www.excelvbamacros.com/*****

> *http://www.accessvbamacros.com/* <http://www.accessvbamacros.com/> ****

>  ****

> P Before printing, think about the environment.****

>  ****

> ** **

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

  Extract names from other sheets to one sheet(Updated).xlsm
31K Download

Extract Names from different sheet into one sheet

Post by hilary lomote » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 02:03:18

Thanks Noorain, its working nicely. thanks

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 4:56 PM, NOORAIN ANSARI <noorain.ans...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Hilary,

> Please check this one.

> --
> Thanks & regards,
> Noorain Ansari
> www.noorainansari.com

> www.excelmacroworld.blogspot.com

> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Rajan_Verma <rajanverma1...@gmail.com>wrote:

>> Nice One****

>> ** **

>> * *

>> *Regards*

>> *Rajan verma*

>> *+91 7838100659 [IM-Gtalk]*

>> ** **

1. Duplicate sheets among different sheets in same file

Hello,

I have a small problem.  I have Lotus 5 for win 31.  I have a file that
has 60 sheets in it.  The sheets are monthly data and each month has 5
different sheets.

I need to know how to update one sheet and transfer those changes to the
other 11 sheets that are the same as the first one.  Group mode makes
changes to every sheet in a file and this messes my other report sheets
up.

I know I can copy/paste but the underlying problem is the creation of
new sheets of the same type.  When I copy/paste to a new sheet the
column widths don't get changed in the new file.  Is there a way to have
Lotus carry ALL the formatting over to a new sheet in a file?

Please help if you can.

Is there some way to select the sheets you want to make changes to and
have lotus make those changes to all the sheets simultaneously?

It may not be too clear but there it is.

Lyle

2. Call for papers PDSE98

3. move data from sheet 1 to sheet 2 or sheet 3 with certain conditions

4. FS: 5.25" ENCLOSURE

5. Auto create of sheet with new name in a sheet

6. error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

7. HOW: USE SHEET NAME IN SHEET

8. What can you do with a 1 million gate EPLD.

9. Excel5: Possible to use sheet name in sheet cell?

10. Copy Sheet and Name the sheet with todays date

11. Distributing cell values from one Excel sheet to another Excel sheet on another computer - HOW TO

12. Need to copy one excel sheet to another excel sheet

13. how to consalidate from more sheets to one sheet