Creating a Chart with bubble on it

Post by SR » Wed, 06 Jun 2012 07:01:45

I have seen a report in my company which shows on two axis - the two
parameters of an account and a line connects to these and there is a bubble
placed on the line to indicate the volume,

OK to simplify - it is basically an AR related report - on one axis - it
shows - how many days old past due - on the other axis - it shows - how
many days it takes to bill (billing delays in days) and then a line
connects these two and points and on this line, a bubble shows how much
inventory (volume of AR past due + amount to be invoiced i.e. total
inventory).

I can provide more information but I need to create such report for a
dashboard ...

All help shall be highly appreciated...

Creating a Chart with bubble on it

Post by David Grugeo » Wed, 06 Jun 2012 09:46:32

Could you post a picture of the chart you are talking about?

> I have seen a report in my company which shows on two axis - the two
> parameters of an account and a line connects to these and there is a bubble
> placed on the line to indicate the volume,

> OK to simplify - it is basically an AR related report - on one axis - it
> shows - how many days old past due - on the other axis - it shows - how
> many days it takes to bill (billing delays in days) and then a line
> connects these two and points and on this line, a bubble shows how much
> inventory (volume of AR past due + amount to be invoiced i.e. total
> inventory).

> I can provide more information but I need to create such report for a
> dashboard ...

> All help shall be highly appreciated...

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

David Grugeon

Creating a Chart with bubble on it

Post by joseph.cam.. » Wed, 06 Jun 2012 12:55:48

Also remember, a bubble chart has third variant, that specifies the bubble size.

Thanks,
Joseph

Sent on my BlackBerry? from Vodafone

Could you post a picture of the chart you are talking about?

> I have seen a report in my company which shows on two axis - the two
> parameters of an account and a line connects to these and there is a bubble
> placed on the line to indicate the volume,

> OK to simplify - it is basically an AR related report - on one axis - it
> shows - how many days old past due - on the other axis - it shows - how
> many days it takes to bill (billing delays in days) and then a line
> connects these two and points and on this line, a bubble shows how much
> inventory (volume of AR past due + amount to be invoiced i.e. total
> inventory).

> I can provide more information but I need to create such report for a
> dashboard ...

> All help shall be highly appreciated...

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

David Grugeon

1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

5)  Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in signatures are prohibited.

NOTE  : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

Creating a Chart with bubble on it

Post by Shishir Ranja » Wed, 06 Jun 2012 15:00:25

Hi David and Joseph and everyone,

Here is a pic hope this helps in explaining what I am looking for. I have
omitted the names but this is for few accounts, the data table is on the
right.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and also how to create
such report.... or any other suggestion on explaining this data through a
chart.. looking for some innovative meaningful chart.

Regards
Shishir

> **
> Also remember, a bubble chart has third variant, that specifies the bubble
> size.

> Thanks,
> Joseph
> Sent on my BlackBerry? from Vodafone
> ------------------------------

> *Date: *Tue, 5 Jun 2012 10:46:32 +1000

> *Subject: *Re: $$Excel-Macros$$ Creating a Chart with bubble on it

> Could you post a picture of the chart you are talking about?

>> I have seen a report in my company which shows on two axis - the two
>> parameters of an account and a line connects to these and there is a bubble
>> placed on the line to indicate the volume,

>> OK to simplify - it is basically an AR related report - on one axis - it
>> shows - how many days old past due - on the other axis - it shows - how
>> many days it takes to bill (billing delays in days) and then a line
>> connects these two and points and on this line, a bubble shows how much
>> inventory (volume of AR past due + amount to be invoiced i.e. total
>> inventory).

>> I can provide more information but I need to create such report for a
>> dashboard ...

>> All help shall be highly appreciated...

>> --
>> FORUM RULES (986+ members already BANNED for violation)

>> 1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please
>> Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice
>> will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

>> 2) Don't post a question in the thread of another member.

>> 3) Don't post questions regarding breaking or bypassing any security
>> measure.

>> 4) Acknowledge the responses you receive, good or bad.

>> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
>> signatures are prohibited.

>> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum
>> owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

> --
> David Grugeon

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

~Cheers
Shishir

  DOR Sample.JPG
105K Download

Creating a Chart with bubble on it

Post by Rajan_Verm » Wed, 06 Jun 2012 21:56:40

Can you please provide sample data also?

Regards

Rajan verma

+91 7838100659 [IM-Gtalk]

On Behalf Of Shishir Ranjan
Sent: 05 June 2012 11:30

Hi David and Joseph and everyone,

Here is a pic hope this helps in explaining what I am looking for. I have
omitted the names but this is for few accounts, the data table is on the
right.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and also how to create
such report.... or any other suggestion on explaining this data through a
chart.. looking for some innovative meaningful chart.

Regards

Shishir

Also remember, a bubble chart has third variant, that specifies the bubble
size.

Thanks,
Joseph

Sent on my BlackBerryR from Vodafone

  _____

Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 10:46:32 +1000

[...]

Post by Shishir Ranja » Wed, 06 Jun 2012 22:15:58

Hi Rajan,

See below and attached. The first three are DOR (days of receivables) in
days and second three are the amounts associated with these accounts.

  DOR in DaysInventory in m$ AccountWIPAR TotalWIPAR Total        ABC5645101
6.517.524DEF 68351036.313.2 19.5GHI344579 3.44.57.9JKL 5525802.20.93.1 MNO80
251051.3 1.62.9PQR3215 473.80.34.1 STU3425592.43.2 5.6VWX346599 1.23.44.6YZ
25 25503.65.69.2         TOTAL   30.750.2 80.9

> [...]

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

> ****

> ** **

> --
> ~Cheers
> Shishir****

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

  DOR Us account details.xlsx
12K Download

Creating a Chart with bubble on it

Post by Rajan_Verm » Wed, 06 Jun 2012 22:36:30

Hi,

Do you want  this ? see the attached sheet

Sub AddBubbleSeries()

Dim Chrt As Chart

Set Chrt = Sheet1.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart

' Add new series, color it dark green '

    With Chrt

        .SeriesCollection(1).Delete

        With .SeriesCollection.NewSeries

            .Name = "=""DOR in Days"""

            .XValues = ActiveSheet.Range("C5:C13")

            .Values = ActiveSheet.Range("D5:D13")

            .BubbleSizes = "=" &
ActiveSheet.Range("E5:E13").Address(ReferenceStyle:=xlR1C1, External:=True)

        End With

    End With

End Sub

Regards

Rajan verma

+91 7838100659 [IM-Gtalk]

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Rajan_Verma <rajanverma1...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Can you please provide sample data also?

Regards

Rajan verma

+91 7838100659 <tel:%2B91%207838100659>  [IM-Gtalk]

From: David Grugeon <da...@grugeon.com.au>

Sender: excel-macros@googlegroups.com

Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 10:46:32 +1000

To: <excel-macros@googlegroups.com>

ReplyTo: excel-macros@googlegroups.com

On 5 June 2012 08:01, SR <shishir.ran...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

read more »

  image001.png
64K Download

  Copy of DOR Us account details.xlsm
29K Download

1. Bubble charts in Excel

After some experimentation with the Bubble charts that can be drawn in
Excel 97, it appears to me that the sizes of the bubbles change in strange
ways.  For example, suppose I plot one bubble at x=1, y=1 with size 1 and
another at x=2, y=2 with size 1.  As expected, the bubbles are the same
size.  If I change the size of the first bubble to 0.5, it gets smaller,
again as expected.  If I then change the size of the second bubble to 0.5,
then it stays the same, but the first bubble reverts to its original size.

Does anyone know exactly how the size of the bubbles on a bubble graph are
determined (Excel's help does not help here)?

Thanks in advance,

Armann Ingolfsson

2. CALL FOR PAPERS, TMS320 Educators Conference

3. Bubble chart

4. VXD

5. HELP WITH VBA & BUBBLE CHARTS IN EXCEL

6. Drawfiles - how ?

7. Excel97,VBA, Bubble Chart, and Datalabels

8. Delaying startup programs changing order

9. Bubble Charts In Excel

10. Bubble charts in XL5

11. Bubble Chart in Excel

12. Bubble charts or Data Labels in Excel 4

13. Need to create multiple bar charts for pie chart slices