Dynamic Worksheet Reference

Post by Babak » Sun, 03 Jun 2012 04:32:03

Hello,

I am new to this group and I am unsure if this topic was covered in the
past so I apologize in advance.

*Problem*: I have external worksheets that i get on a montly basis (Naming
convention is the same and the date gets updated. I.E. "Report May
2012.xls", "Report April 2012.xls")
I have another worksheet where I summarize these reports. In this summary
report I would like to create a dynamic formula that could possibly
reference a cell that contains the updated "date" (i.e. June 2012) and
simply just drag my formula down to fill in the report.

I have tried the =indirect() function however, that only works when the
worksheet is open which doesn't work for me in this purpose. I have tried
various avenues, some silly some advanced but I have not been able to come
to a solution. Any direction on this issue would be GREATLY appreciated.

Dynamic Worksheet Reference

Post by vijayajith V » Sun, 03 Jun 2012 13:48:16

Hi ...

Please attach sample file.....

Thanks

> Hello,

> I am new to this group and I am unsure if this topic was covered in the
> past so I apologize in advance.

> *Problem*: I have external worksheets that i get on a montly basis
> (Naming convention is the same and the date gets updated. I.E. "Report May
> 2012.xls", "Report April 2012.xls")
> I have another worksheet where I summarize these reports. In this summary
> report I would like to create a dynamic formula that could possibly
> reference a cell that contains the updated "date" (i.e. June 2012) and
> simply just drag my formula down to fill in the report.

> I have tried the =indirect() function however, that only works when the
> worksheet is open which doesn't work for me in this purpose. I have tried
> various avenues, some silly some advanced but I have not been able to come
> to a solution. Any direction on this issue would be GREATLY appreciated.

> --

> measure.

> 5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in
> signatures are prohibited.

> NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum

Dynamic Worksheet Reference

Post by dguillett » Sun, 03 Jun 2012 21:33:19

Dont use indirect. Simply use a formula referring to the closed workbook. Then, when the name of the source file changes use edit replace old name with new name.  A macro using specialcells for formuias would be best.

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

I am new to this group and I am unsure if this topic was covered in the past so I apologize in advance.

Problem: I have external worksheets that i get on a montly basis (Naming convention is the same and the date gets updated. I.E. "Report May 2012.xls", "Report April 2012.xls")
I have another worksheet where I summarize these reports. In this summary report I would like to create a dynamic formula that could possibly reference a cell that contains the updated "date" (i.e. June 2012) and      simply just drag my formula down to fill in the report.

I have tried the =indirect() function however, that only works when the worksheet is open which doesn't work for me in this purpose. I have tried various avenues, some silly some advanced but I have not been able to come to a solution. Any direction on this issue would be GREATLY appreciated. --

1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in signatures are prohibited.

NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

1. setting one worksheet cell range reference to another worksheet

I want to set one worksheet cell range reference to another worksheet
using aspose.cells.For example i have two worksheet(wrk1 and wr2). I
have some data on wrk1 and wrk2 is balnk.Now on wrk2 i want cells
refrence of wrk1(like want cell reference of wrk1 sheet A1:A10 on wrk2
with same style as on wrk1) .

Please suggest.

2. SNA Server and AS/400

3. move dynamic value to new worksheet

4. Debugging inline asm?

5. reference control on a worksheet (not a form)

6. Backend Compiler for GCC

7. References between more than one worksheet

8. Cd-rom advise for unusual setup.

9. Referencing worksheets

10. XL5: Relative referencing of worksheets

11. Excel - Referencing previous worksheet