PtolemyII versus SHIFT versus Hytech

Post by warz.. » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I am looking for tools to design hybrid systems, involving image
processing components and
feedback control components.
Our goal is to verify the design formally to avoid tests using system
simulations
and guarantee functional models results and real-time performances.

I already looked at the following tools used at UC Berkeley :

SHIFT seems to target design and simulation of hybrid systems with a
dynamically changing
number of components.

Hytech seems to target formal verification of hybrid systems. The
systems are modeled with timed automata and timing properties are
expressed with the CTL temp*Logic.

I am not sure, but it seems that PtolemyII will cover SHIFT and Hytech
goals ?

Any idea or explanation ?

Xavier Warzee

1. HP6200c versus X6EL versus P636 versus UMAX 2400s

[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.scanners and a copy was sent to
the cited author.]

 NOT

 The 6200, I had one and took it back, has a pseudo-SCSI. It can only be
at the end of the SCSI chain, the power must be on. I used an Adaptec
2940 UW; the 6200 was incompatable with my other SCSI devices - hard
drive, Jaz, Zip, CD ROM - and caused incorrect read/writes ro rhe hard
drive.

 Don't believe resolution claims.

 HP 6200 only has a 25 use version of the Caere software. ALL OCR
packages included with scanners are ::crap:: , light versions just don't
cut it even for the casual OCR user.

Alan

2. Can it be done?

3. SNMPv2 versus IPSEC versus SSL versus Kerberos

4. Error 800c000d with at-command

5. MAC versus Windows PC versus OS/2 PC for multimedia

6. Epson Stylus Color ESC P2

7. How is Mac programming REALLY done?

8. My particular RTOS dilemma: QNX 4 versus QNX Neutrino versus Pharlap ETS

9. X an OS? (was Re: MAC versus Windows PC versus OS/2 PC for multimedia)

10. Epson 3200 versus Windows XP