Communication problem with M950

Post by Fred » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 04:58:09

Anyone know why my M950 can't seem to connect using the USB interface?

I am using WIN XP Pro.

Was working fine during 1 year. It doesn't since 2 months. And your
support in France doesn't want to help me free.

I reinstalled software many times, windows 2 times, changed cable and
ever since only works with a parallel cable.

It is recognized with the USB cable and the new hardware wizard runs,
but then there is no communication with priinter.

I have read and tried all suggestions on Xerox support site.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Fred

Communication problem with M950

Post by Thil » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:27:14

You need to do a comlete uninstall, then go into the regristry and delete
all references to the M950.
The you should be able to install it again.

Quote:> Anyone know why my M950 can't seem to connect using the USB interface?

> I am using WIN XP Pro.

> Was working fine during 1 year. It doesn't since 2 months. And your
> support in France doesn't want to help me free.

> I reinstalled software many times, windows 2 times, changed cable and
> ever since only works with a parallel cable.

> It is recognized with the USB cable and the new hardware wizard runs,
> but then there is no communication with priinter.

> I have read and tried all suggestions on Xerox support site.

> Can anyone help ?

> Thanks a lot in advance

> Fred

Communication problem with M950

Post by PizzaMa » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:58:23

The operative term is "should." It's a real pain in the ass to get
everythin uninstalled.  Still no guarantee that you'll be able to do it.

> You need to do a comlete uninstall, then go into the regristry and delete
> all references to the M950.
> The you should be able to install it again.

>>Anyone know why my M950 can't seem to connect using the USB interface?

>>I am using WIN XP Pro.

>>Was working fine during 1 year. It doesn't since 2 months. And your
>>support in France doesn't want to help me free.

>>I reinstalled software many times, windows 2 times, changed cable and
>>ever since only works with a parallel cable.

>>It is recognized with the USB cable and the new hardware wizard runs,
>>but then there is no communication with priinter.

>>I have read and tried all suggestions on Xerox support site.

>>Can anyone help ?

>>Thanks a lot in advance

>>Fred

Communication problem with M950

Post by Fred » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:58:44

The problem is that i've already reinstall all my system 5 times,
formating my hard disk and so on...

So i made more than a complete uninstall of the soft...

Thill a crit:

> You need to do a comlete uninstall, then go into the regristry and delete
> all references to the M950.
> The you should be able to install it again.

>>Anyone know why my M950 can't seem to connect using the USB interface?

>>I am using WIN XP Pro.

>>Was working fine during 1 year. It doesn't since 2 months. And your
>>support in France doesn't want to help me free.

>>I reinstalled software many times, windows 2 times, changed cable and
>>ever since only works with a parallel cable.

>>It is recognized with the USB cable and the new hardware wizard runs,
>>but then there is no communication with priinter.

>>I have read and tried all suggestions on Xerox support site.

>>Can anyone help ?

>>Thanks a lot in advance

>>Fred

Communication problem with M950

Post by Thil » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:55:37

Is your mainboard chipset by any chance a VIA chipset ? if so, check
http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=298

> The problem is that i've already reinstall all my system 5 times,
> formating my hard disk and so on...

> So i made more than a complete uninstall of the soft...

> Thill a crit:
> > You need to do a comlete uninstall, then go into the regristry and
delete
> > all references to the M950.
> > The you should be able to install it again.

> >>Anyone know why my M950 can't seem to connect using the USB interface?

> >>I am using WIN XP Pro.

> >>Was working fine during 1 year. It doesn't since 2 months. And your
> >>support in France doesn't want to help me free.

> >>I reinstalled software many times, windows 2 times, changed cable and
> >>ever since only works with a parallel cable.

> >>It is recognized with the USB cable and the new hardware wizard runs,
> >>but then there is no communication with priinter.

> >>I have read and tried all suggestions on Xerox support site.

> >>Can anyone help ?

> >>Thanks a lot in advance

> >>Fred

Communication problem with M950

Post by Fred » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 05:37:40

No, my mainboard (Elite K7S5A) has a SiS chipset.... :-(

Thill a crit:

> Is your mainboard chipset by any chance a VIA chipset ? if so, check
> http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=298

>>The problem is that i've already reinstall all my system 5 times,
>>formating my hard disk and so on...

>>So i made more than a complete uninstall of the soft...

>>Thill a crit:

>>>You need to do a comlete uninstall, then go into the regristry and

> delete

>>>all references to the M950.
>>>The you should be able to install it again.

Communication problem with M950

Post by Thil » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 06:33:10

Then i'm afrid that you only have 2 options left....
1. Get a firmware upgrade, only done by Xerox at the moment and its not 100%
sure it'll fix your problem.
2. Get the I/O and/or interface board replaced, again, only done by
Xerox......

..... btw. you did try installing the M950 on a nother windows version ai.
98 right??... and a nother PC, just to rule out any hardware issue on your
PC.

> No, my mainboard (Elite K7S5A) has a SiS chipset.... :-(

> Thill a crit:
> > Is your mainboard chipset by any chance a VIA chipset ? if so, check
> > http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=298

> >>The problem is that i've already reinstall all my system 5 times,
> >>formating my hard disk and so on...

> >>So i made more than a complete uninstall of the soft...

> >>Thill a crit:

> > delete

---

Communication problem with M950

Post by Fred » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 17:16:49

Hi Thill,

Tkanks for your kind answer.

I found an alternative solution in declaring my printer as a Sharp AJ
6010 as submited in this forum.

And it works perfectly.

The problem comes form the Xerox soft which will not change anymore as
it's an old machine now.

Thanks a lot again for your kind help.

Frdric

Thill a crit:

> Then i'm afrid that you only have 2 options left....
> 1. Get a firmware upgrade, only done by Xerox at the moment and its not 100%
> sure it'll fix your problem.
> 2. Get the I/O and/or interface board replaced, again, only done by
> Xerox......

> ..... btw. you did try installing the M950 on a nother windows version ai.
> 98 right??... and a nother PC, just to rule out any hardware issue on your
> PC.

>>No, my mainboard (Elite K7S5A) has a SiS chipset.... :-(

>>Thill a crit:

>>>Is your mainboard chipset by any chance a VIA chipset ? if so, check
>>>http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=298

>>>delete

> ---

Communication problem with M950

Post by Frédéri » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:20:55

I'm really fed up with this M950.

I was obliged to install a Sharp driver to make it work.

But I can't now scan any document....

I'm really angry against Xerox.

> Hi Thill,

> Tkanks for your kind answer.

> I found an alternative solution in declaring my printer as a Sharp AJ
> 6010 as submited in this forum.

> And it works perfectly.

> The problem comes form the Xerox soft which will not change anymore as
> it's an old machine now.

> Thanks a lot again for your kind help.

> Frdric

> Thill a crit:

>> Then i'm afrid that you only have 2 options left....
>> 1. Get a firmware upgrade, only done by Xerox at the moment and its
>> not 100%
>> sure it'll fix your problem.
>> 2. Get the I/O and/or interface board replaced, again, only done by
>> Xerox......

>> ..... btw. you did try installing the M950 on a nother windows version
>> ai.
>> 98 right??... and a nother PC, just to rule out any hardware issue on
>> your
>> PC.

>>> No, my mainboard (Elite K7S5A) has a SiS chipset.... :-(

>>> Thill a crit:

>> ---

Communication problem with M950

Post by Thil » Fri, 25 Jul 2003 06:43:54

Did you try installing the M950 on a nother PC ??

> I'm really fed up with this M950.

> I was obliged to install a Sharp driver to make it work.

> But I can't now scan any document....

> I'm really angry against Xerox.

> > Hi Thill,

> > Tkanks for your kind answer.

> > I found an alternative solution in declaring my printer as a Sharp AJ
> > 6010 as submited in this forum.

> > And it works perfectly.

> > The problem comes form the Xerox soft which will not change anymore as
> > it's an old machine now.

> > Thanks a lot again for your kind help.

> > Frdric

> > Thill a crit:

> >> Then i'm afrid that you only have 2 options left....
> >> 1. Get a firmware upgrade, only done by Xerox at the moment and its
> >> not 100%
> >> sure it'll fix your problem.
> >> 2. Get the I/O and/or interface board replaced, again, only done by
> >> Xerox......

> >> ..... btw. you did try installing the M950 on a nother windows version
> >> ai.
> >> 98 right??... and a nother PC, just to rule out any hardware issue on
> >> your
> >> PC.

> >> ---

Communication problem with M950

Post by PizzaMa » Mon, 28 Jul 2003 06:26:42

And*up another machine?

I have the M940 and the color alignment crapped out on it.  So I use it
a a B & W copier. That's all.

I've uninstalled the Xerox software and cleaned-up the registry but I
still can't get it to work.  And Xerox won't support it anymore.

When it worked properly, it was a nice machine.

> Did you try installing the M950 on a nother PC ??

>>I'm really fed up with this M950.

>>I was obliged to install a Sharp driver to make it work.

>>But I can't now scan any document....

>>I'm really angry against Xerox.

>>>Hi Thill,

>>>Tkanks for your kind answer.

>>>I found an alternative solution in declaring my printer as a Sharp AJ
>>>6010 as submited in this forum.

>>>And it works perfectly.

>>>The problem comes form the Xerox soft which will not change anymore as
>>>it's an old machine now.

>>>Thanks a lot again for your kind help.

>>>Frdric

>>>Thill a crit:

> your

Communication problem with M950

Post by Thil » Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:02:24

What OS are you running ?
Fred is running XP Pro and has done a complete reinstall (cleaned the
partition, formattetd the HD) of the system several times with no luck. With
the Sharp driver he got "Some" USB connection with the unit, but lost
scanning.
That indicates that there is nothing wrong with printer engine of the M950.
My guess is that if he would try and install the M950 on a nother PC running
W98SE he would still be experiencing connection troubbels, it's proberbly a
firmware error.
Try doing a black/White copy at the lowest quality setting.
If im right it'll just feed the paper in, and then it'll "freeze up"
You could try resetting the M950's NVM

Lift the Access Cover and wait for the heads to centre

Press Clear-Quality-Clear-R/E (as if to enter Service Diagnostics. Do NOT
actually enter Service Diagnostics)

Enter code 88-01 and press Start. ?OK?? will be displayed on the LCD

Press Start again and OK will be displayed on the LCD, then it will return
to 88-01

Enter code 89-01 and press Start. ?OK?? will again be displayed on the LCD

Press Start again and OK will be displayed on the LCD then it will return to
89-01

Press Clear/Stop and the LCD will display ?Resetting?

Disconnect the power cord IMMEDIATELY (if you delay, warm up and initial
prime will restart and the Reset procedure will need to be repeated)

> And*up another machine?

> I have the M940 and the color alignment crapped out on it.  So I use it
> a a B & W copier. That's all.

> I've uninstalled the Xerox software and cleaned-up the registry but I
> still can't get it to work.  And Xerox won't support it anymore.

> When it worked properly, it was a nice machine.

> > Did you try installing the M950 on a nother PC ??

> >>I'm really fed up with this M950.

> >>I was obliged to install a Sharp driver to make it work.

> >>But I can't now scan any document....

> >>I'm really angry against Xerox.

> > your

1. Problem with Xerox M940/M950 after WindowsXP Hotfix

Hi,

I have been installing a couple of WindowsXP Hotfix (SP1) recentry and now
my Multi fonction Xerox M940/M950 can't load the twain driver or the scanner
software (Pagis). But I may use the scanner with Microsoft Word. The printer
is working too.

Bizarre.

Some suggestion ?

Thanks

2. Network Design & Hardware Specs

3. M940/M950 problems

4. Reply from EL over DSL Trial

5. workcentre m950 scanning problem

6. eudora trashes other apps, sometime crashes machine, when checking mail in background?

7. M950 Install problem

8. converting small case text to LARGE CASE TEXT

9. XEROX Workcenter M950

10. FS: M940/M950 WorkCentre Color Printhead

11. M950 Connection Help needed

12. Win2000 and Xerox WorkCentre M950

13. Xerox WorkCentre M940 or the M950