HD for 8200?

Post by Bianc » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:57:35

someone wrote what type of HD is in Phaser 8200
could You repeat it please?

I am not sure is there a socket for HD, or has it to be installed?
format procedure and initdisk are available at xerox.com (?)
so...
it should be quite easy to install

HD for 8200?

Post by Mark S. Holde » Sat, 02 Aug 2003 04:37:19

> someone wrote what type of HD is in Phaser 8200
> could You repeat it please?

> I am not sure is there a socket for HD, or has it to be installed?
> format procedure and initdisk are available at xerox.com (?)
> so...
> it should be quite easy to install

I think someone said it was an IBM drive, (deskstar?) but the person who mentioned this said the printer won't recognize the drive even if you format it with the software on the xerox support web site.

Someone else was talking about experimenting with this a few months ago, but he never posted results.

HD for 8200?

Post by Bianc » Sat, 02 Aug 2003 15:33:36

> > someone wrote what type of HD is in Phaser 8200
> > could You repeat it please?

> > I am not sure is there a socket for HD, or has it to be installed?
> > format procedure and initdisk are available at xerox.com (?)
> > so...
> > it should be quite easy to install

> I think someone said it was an IBM drive, (deskstar?) but the person who

mentioned this said the printer won't recognize the drive even if you format
it with the software on the xerox support web site.
Quote:

> Someone else was talking about experimenting with this a few months ago,

but he never posted results.

Yes I remember that, but do not have part number he posted.

Thanks
Tadek