help: can't connect to Phaser 740 over TCP/IP

help: can't connect to Phaser 740 over TCP/IP

Post by adam budn » Tue, 29 Jul 2003 02:39:36

can anyone help me? I'm trying to connect my Xerox Phaser 740 to my
windows network. It's not showing up at all. The IP address I assigned
is not pingable. I have the gateway set fine (at least I think I do)
the net mask, etc. I've tried DHCP on/off, just about every combo. of
settings.  Even going through the setup instructions from Xerox
windowsXP can't find the printer no matter what I seem to do.
DNS is enabled - by default if TCP/IP is but no DNS servers are
designated?
There is nowhere to designate a workgroup name and maybe that's the
trouble?
I have a Fiery RIP and that's is visible to the network (workgroup
name assigned) but not the phaser....
any suggestions?

thank you
Adam

Post by Mark S. Holde » Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:33:23

> can anyone help me? I'm trying to connect my Xerox Phaser 740 to my
> windows network. It's not showing up at all. The IP address I assigned
> is not pingable. I have the gateway set fine (at least I think I do)
> the net mask, etc. I've tried DHCP on/off, just about every combo. of
> settings.  Even going through the setup instructions from Xerox
> windowsXP can't find the printer no matter what I seem to do.
> DNS is enabled - by default if TCP/IP is but no DNS servers are
> designated?
> There is nowhere to designate a workgroup name and maybe that's the
> trouble?
> I have a Fiery RIP and that's is visible to the network (workgroup
> name assigned) but not the phaser....
> any suggestions?

> thank you
> Adam

You may have chosen an IP address XP doesn't like.

I had to reassign IP addresses across my network when I bought an XP Pro machine for the house because the microsoft wizards insisted on a different range of IP addresses.

I found a way to force feed it an IP address, but then it insisted I wasn't on a network.

1. Phaser 740 hell. HELP!

I think one of the worst decisions I have ever made was to buy a Phaser 740.
Countless problems and headaches. And nothing but pay-per-incident support
for this printer that never should have been manufactured. I feel myself
about to go on a rant, so I'll get to the problem...

Lately I'm having problems with uneven toner density. The left and right
edges of the page are lighter than the middle - when I run a print test you
could say there are thing white streaks running vertically across the page
where the print density is too light. This is true for all colors. And
forget grayscale printing, sometimes it is practically imperceptible even in
the center of the page.

I've tried two different fusers (with two different fuser rolls) - one is
the latest version that resolves the toner flaking problems. I've cleaned
the transfer roller. I've tried using different paper sources. I've tried
different media types. My charge grid is just a few months old. All my toner
cartridges have been replaced within the last six months. Consumables page
reports 40% remaining on my imagining unit.

What on earth is going on here? Is there anything else I can do??? Seems
like I've tried just about everything.

I have a major project coming on and I need my printer to work. SOON!

PLEASE HELP!!!

2. REPOST: mysql hangs on shutdown

3. Re Phaser 740 Color laser from Tektronix

4. >>>Mac-formatted Zip vs PC formatted Zip<<<

5. Tek Phaser 740 cleaning pads

6. Dos Sessions Under Warp

7. Phaser 740 colors

8. What is tcp port 32793??

9. Color matching issues with Illustrator 10 and Phaser 740 (Tektronix)

10. Toner flaking on Phaser 740

11. Phaser 740

12. *** Phaser 740/780 Compatible Scanners ***

13. Can I use TCP/IP components when I am developing my own TCP/IP module?