USB on Phaser 8200

Post by Tedi » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:56:55

USB on 8200 is 1.1 standard? right?

USB on Phaser 8200

Post by Dtomm » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 02:41:56

Yeah it is.  You may want to try running your Phaser on your network
through the ethernet port.  I have heard that is faster than USB.

USB on Phaser 8200

Post by Tedi » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:14:17

they told me price for network upgrade....
I have to run USB for some time
but, will upgrade due to additional soft. it is printer internal www with
ability of calculation of each page printed (how much sticks and maintance
kit it used to print it(!!!))
xerox dealer told me it is only possible with network card.

cheers

Quote:> Yeah it is.  You may want to try running your Phaser on your network
> through the ethernet port.  I have heard that is faster than USB.

USB on Phaser 8200

Post by Huey » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:27:18

You bought the B model.  It's cheaper to buy the N or the DP outright.
There is a Ram Chip that is the upgrade to the N, as well as the DP and
DX.  There are Ram upgrades and HD that come along with that.

Also, there is freecolorprinters.com.  You get a 860DP (same as a 8200,
but with free black ink) for three years.  All you have to do is buy the
ink and supplies directly fron Xerox.

the software you speak of that will calculate the price per copy is on
the officeprinting.xerox.com website and needs a tcpip connection.  The
Internal webpages of this printer will give you this infomation in
general, but will not break it down and make it understandable like you
want it.

>they told me price for network upgrade....
>I have to run USB for some time
>but, will upgrade due to additional soft. it is printer internal www with
>ability of calculation of each page printed (how much sticks and maintance
>kit it used to print it(!!!))
>xerox dealer told me it is only possible with network card.

>cheers

>>Yeah it is.  You may want to try running your Phaser on your network
>>through the ethernet port.  I have heard that is faster than USB.

USB on Phaser 8200

Post by Tedi » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:31:09

yes, but calculation is possible and quite simple.
printer www page gives information about comsumables per page (or per work) - not sure.
i know price
have exel
thats all

and of course it would be better for me to buy N or DX version at once then buying upgrade now, ...

  You bought the B model.  It's cheaper to buy the N or the DP outright.
  There is a Ram Chip that is the upgrade to the N, as well as the DP and DX.  There are Ram upgrades and HD that come along with that.

  Also, there is freecolorprinters.com.  You get a 860DP (same as a 8200, but with free black ink) for three years.  All you have to do is buy the ink and supplies directly fron Xerox.

  the software you speak of that will calculate the price per copy is on the officeprinting.xerox.com website and needs a tcpip connection.  The Internal webpages of this printer will give you this infomation in general, but will not break it down and make it understandable like you want it.

1. Phaser 8200 on Transparency

Hello,

I am looking a printer that can print REAL dense black on
transparencies. Will be doing mostly negative artwork print for UV
imaging (trying to avoid buying a costly imagestter). Does anyone know
of Phaser 8200 is up for such jobs?

So far I am using Epson inkjet to produce fairly good negative
transparencies but time and ink cost is making me consider a Phaser
and Solid Ink technology. Any advice from Phaser 8200 owners would be
highly appreciated.

Gary Cho

2. AVR = ?

3. Hands on with the phaser 8200

4. IPAQ and Jornada

5. Phaser 860/8200 Hard Disk

6. question:network accessibility

7. Phaser 8200 Problems

8. CPC printer na PC

9. Color matching with Xerox Phaser 8200

10. XEROX Phaser 8200

11. Xerox Phaser 8200 DIY upgrade info required :p~

12. Phaser 8200- how to add more ram

13. Color matching with Xerox Phaser 8200