Xerox 8830 + HP-UX 11i ... no print?

Post by Mark Landi » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 03:11:05

We've had a Xerox 8830 for a few years now, printing without trouble
from our HP workstations running HP-UX 11i.

Now, we can't get the Xerox to print anything from any workstations.
It is set up as a remote printer in the HP-UX spooler. I can't even
get it to print a simple text file (like /etc/group). The spooler says
it passes the file along to the Xerox just fine, but the Xerox remains
IDLE. We can print to the 8830 just fine from Windows 2000 and Windows
XP systems ... just not the HP-UX systems. The spooler does correctly
show the status of the 8830, so communication is there.

I've verified the network information is all correct. I've rebooted
the 8830 (both the controller and the print engine). We haven't
updated any firmware on the 8830 in quite a while.

Anyone have any ideas?

Xerox 8830 + HP-UX 11i ... no print?

Post by m » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:35:49

Make sure your port settings are set to 2000 and not 9100.

Mike

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:11:05 -0500, Mark Landin

>We've had a Xerox 8830 for a few years now, printing without trouble
>from our HP workstations running HP-UX 11i.

>Now, we can't get the Xerox to print anything from any workstations.
>It is set up as a remote printer in the HP-UX spooler. I can't even
>get it to print a simple text file (like /etc/group). The spooler says
>it passes the file along to the Xerox just fine, but the Xerox remains
>IDLE. We can print to the 8830 just fine from Windows 2000 and Windows
>XP systems ... just not the HP-UX systems. The spooler does correctly
>show the status of the 8830, so communication is there.

>I've verified the network information is all correct. I've rebooted
>the 8830 (both the controller and the print engine). We haven't
>updated any firmware on the 8830 in quite a while.

>Anyone have any ideas?

Xerox 8830 + HP-UX 11i ... no print?

Post by R.O. » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 01:53:27

The internal printer name should be "lp". Try to setup again the printer
with its name, its ip adress and lp as internal printer name.

Hope this helps

> Make sure your port settings are set to 2000 and not 9100.

> Mike

> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:11:05 -0500, Mark Landin

> >We've had a Xerox 8830 for a few years now, printing without trouble
> >from our HP workstations running HP-UX 11i.

> >Now, we can't get the Xerox to print anything from any workstations.
> >It is set up as a remote printer in the HP-UX spooler. I can't even
> >get it to print a simple text file (like /etc/group). The spooler says
> >it passes the file along to the Xerox just fine, but the Xerox remains
> >IDLE. We can print to the 8830 just fine from Windows 2000 and Windows
> >XP systems ... just not the HP-UX systems. The spooler does correctly
> >show the status of the 8830, so communication is there.

> >I've verified the network information is all correct. I've rebooted
> >the 8830 (both the controller and the print engine). We haven't
> >updated any firmware on the 8830 in quite a while.

> >Anyone have any ideas?

1. Xerox 8830 not printing large files

Having some difficulty printing large files (approx 40Mb) to the 8830.  We
have 64 meg ram, and the 2 gig HD, but still no prints.  It works fine with
the document submission tool, however not with digilpr, or any other lpr
utility.
Any ideas??

BTW if anyone from Xerox reads these things, check out the lpr utility at
http://shadowland.hf.utexas.edu/acitslpr.htm  Excellent print utility.

--
___________________
Chris Chierchio

2. Canon 6000 Sheet Feeder

3. Xerox 8830 printing problems

4. astrology programme for 9210?

5. Unresolved symbol: des_key_sched in libsnmp++ on HP-UX 11i...

6. an OO design with callback functions

7. Compiling gnupg 1.2.1 on HP-UX 11.00 / 11i (32/64 Bit)

8. Clipboard format

9. make DBI-1.35 Fails on HP-UX 11i and Perl 5.8.0

10. Make error on DBI-1.18 on HP-UX 11i

11. Problem install DBD::Informix on HP-UX 11i

12. Problems with krb5beta6 on HP-UX 10.10 and HP-UX 9.05