Cleaning Printhead on M760

Post by Bob Hosi » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 12:10:29

The printhead on my M760 only has a problem with the Magenta banding, all the other primary colors are OK.  Is it possible to clean just the Magenta portion of the printhead?  If so, could you indicate how, and with what supplies.

Thanks
Bob

Cleaning Printhead on M760

Post by olivie » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 17:57:06

Hi Bob

Take out the color print head and clean it physically.
Run the printhead nozzles under warm water until the ink stops running.
Clean the metal contact at the bottom.
Print three self test pages from the m750 to check the colors
To do this hold down the paper feed button for 5 seconds.
If there is no improvement the printhead needs to be replaced

------
Post via http://www.graphigroups.com depuis : ---.ext.eurgw.xerox.com

1. M760 Print Head

I have read on this thread about clogged print heads and cleaning them.  Can someone clarify the how too's of doing this.  I have an M760 and two of the colors are having problems with what looks like banding - Black and blue are fine, Red & yellow do not print clearly.
Any help is appreciated.

Bob

2. Deploying Security Patches

3. Windows XP driver for M760

4. Problems with IDE2AMI project.

5. Xerox M760

6. PCI 100Mb Ethernet NIC - suggestions please

7. M760 Problem --> HELP with Up-date

8. eioeioeio

9. Xerox DocuPrint M760

10. Xerox Docuprint M760