Workcentre 490cx

Post by Richi » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 21:02:13

We've acquired a Workcentre 490cx from a branch of our company that was
closed down (so no CD or anything with it).
We want to be able to receive faxes onto a PC (and have them print out
automatically, as well as store the received faxes) and also, if possible,
send faxes through it via any PC on our LAN.

I've tried to use it with Winfax 10 pro, but when I tried installing the
software on the PC it crashed (tried it now on WinXP pro and NT4
workstation). It seems to hang the PC when you try to access the COM port it
creates (presumably some sort of redirect as the fax is connected to the LPT
port)

Can anyone help?

Richie

Workcentre 490cx

Post by Thil » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:42:59

I duno if it's usable but, have you tried "Laserfax" ?
Xerox used to use that sw before...
I think it was produced by wordcraft.co.uk
Perhaps they got a newer product on hand

--
Hilsen / Regards
Thomas Thillerup

Quote:> We've acquired a Workcentre 490cx from a branch of our company that was
> closed down (so no CD or anything with it).
> We want to be able to receive faxes onto a PC (and have them print out
> automatically, as well as store the received faxes) and also, if possible,
> send faxes through it via any PC on our LAN.

> I've tried to use it with Winfax 10 pro, but when I tried installing the
> software on the PC it crashed (tried it now on WinXP pro and NT4
> workstation). It seems to hang the PC when you try to access the COM port
it
> creates (presumably some sort of redirect as the fax is connected to the
LPT
> port)

> Can anyone help?

> Richie

1. Problems with Xerox 490cx printer

Today we found out that when printing a reportpro-report to a Xerox 490cx
printer
takes five minutes and often longer or even stuck in the queue.
The Xerox dealer told us that the printer uses a GDI language and that that
may be the cause.
And drivers won't change a bit.

When we replace the Xerox with a HP or a Brother it acts normal.

Does anyone knows what this means (in combination with ReportPro) ?

--
Richard Loupatty
MIO Development bv

http://www.mio.nl

2. Oracle Financials Analyst/Developer Positions

3. Xerox WorkCentre 385 scanner won't install in Windows 2000

4. where not exists

5. Xerox Workcentre: Need Information

6. 10.1 Dev Tools broke?

7. WARP and PPP?

8. Help me How i can connect printserver TRENDNet TE100-PS1 plus whith Xerox Workcentre 416 Pro

9. Xerox WorkCentre 470CX - Power Up Failure

10. WorkCentre 450cp and Win2000

11. Service manual for Workcentre XL2120

12. Workcentre 480cx - help !!