mapinfo to arcview Projection!

Post by lcsia » Sun, 10 Dec 2000 01:22:30

yup I got AI 8 also, but doesn't it allow me to convert mif to shape
only(from arctool)?
please recommend

> wrote on 12/8/00 5:30 AM:

> > I am not used to MapInfo but I got some data in MapInfo format need to
be
> > manipulated in ArcInfo and ArcView

> > 1.  How do I know what kind of projection the mapinfo file is in?
> > 2.  Several files can display well in one windows in mapinfo, but when
> > export/translate to e00 or shp some can display well in ArcView and
some
> > files are lost cause of different projection
> > 3.  So to speak even some files in shape or coverage also hard to tell
in
> > what projection there are....

> Ian,
>     ArcInfo 8 will let you do what you want with minimal fuss. Do you
have a
> copy yet? If not, I suggest that you get the upgrade.
> --
> e the hypnocrite
> Taking the no out of hypocrite since 2000 A.D. (Or trying to, anyway)

> http://www.rogati.com

mapinfo to arcview Projection!

Post by Ethan Rogat » Sun, 10 Dec 2000 01:35:16

wrote on 12/8/00 11:22 AM:

Quote:> yup I got AI 8 also, but doesn't it allow me to convert mif to shape
> only(from arctool)?
> please recommend

How about converting from MIF to coverage and then from coverage to shape?
--
Ethan David Rogati
Homer, NY

www.rogati.com

mapinfo to arcview Projection!

Post by lcsia » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 04:43:10

converting is not my main problem, but the projection is my real problem as
i dunno the original projection and the files all in different projection

> wrote on 12/8/00 11:22 AM:

> > yup I got AI 8 also, but doesn't it allow me to convert mif to shape
> > only(from arctool)?
> > please recommend

> How about converting from MIF to coverage and then from coverage to
shape?
> --
> Ethan David Rogati
> Homer, NY
> USA

> www.rogati.com

1. Convert MapInfo files to ArcView

Is there a way to easily convert MapInfo files into ArcView shapefiles,
i.e. a free utility either from ESRI or Map Info?

Thanks in advance...
--
Phil E. Lampe
Technical Illustrator

2. Alternative Keyboards and IDE Editor

3. Converting ArcView maps to MapInfo

4. Samba + xInetd

5. need MapInfo to ArcView script

6. KAO and IMATION cdr media - Good or Bad?

7. import DWG or Mapinfo file from arcview

8. Free font editor question

9. help? MapInfo to ArcView conversion - script problem

10. Q: Tiff from MapInfo to ArcView

11. Labeling features in ArcView, ArcInfo or MapInfo

12. Mapinfo TAB to ArcView tfw

13. ANNOUNCE: Freeware MapInfo/ArcView interfaces for GenesisII Professional