Convert Long And Lat

Post by edi » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I've been racking my brain for some way to convert Long and Lat to Lamberts
 X & Y coords The Shape File is in lamberts. I want to be able to add a
point to the shape file using DD and then convert it to lamberts then add
the point.

example
76.456345   36.345243
273255.3     42790.5

as far as I know there is no command in arcview to convert this. If anyone
knows otherwise or has a formula
I would be forever greatful.

Mike Cannon

1. Converting - nad-27 long lat to nad83 long lat

Hello To All:
    at my work we get a lot of USA tickets(under ground alert service)
in which we have to locate for our facilities. the tickets do have lat
long information as to the location of the activity.  Our GIS map is in
NAD83 zone california zone III.

I hope I can Find the following.....
-  An avenue code that takes the nad27 long lat and converts it   to
nad83 long lat
-  An avenue code that takes the nad83 cords and convert it to nothing
and easting.

2. OO User Group, CO

3. trying to convert old fs coordinate system to long/lat

4. Two phase commit

5. MapObjects2 - Converting Lambert Easting & Northings to Geo Lat/Long

6. How to relay for multi-domains w/o MX records?

7. Converting UTM user grid to Normal Lat Long.

8. converting Lat/Long to UK Ordnance Survey National Grid Reference (NGR)

9. Convert Long and lat to Lamberts

10. Lat Long convert to UTM

11. How to convert long path to short path or short to long ?

12. Lats/Longs