How-to: Arc -> Points (PC Arc/Info)

Post by Kjetil Fride » Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hola!

I am having problems finding out how one can produce a label
coverage from a line coverage in PC Arc/Info.  It occours to
me like a simple matter, but finding out what routine that
might do this isn't.  Does anybody have any ideas?

For example, I have a coverage with arcs with specific id's.
I want to generate a point coverage with the id's of the line.

So:

PC-Arc/Info Line Coverage with ID's

converted to

PC-Arc/Info Point Coverage with ID's from Line Coverage

--

| Kjetil Friden,N Flv 119,N-7099 Flatasen,Norway (72580871) |
|    Alias: Lady Iztaca (Be IMPerial), Mephisto, Xhosa...   |

How-to: Arc -> Points (PC Arc/Info)

Post by Kjetil Fride » Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:00:00

: Hola!

: I am having problems finding out how one can produce a label
: coverage from a line coverage in PC Arc/Info.  It occours to
: me like a simple matter, but finding out what routine that
: might do this isn't.  Does anybody have any ideas?

: For example, I have a coverage with arcs with specific id's.
: I want to generate a point coverage with the id's of the line.

: So:

: PC-Arc/Info Line Coverage with ID's

: converted to

: PC-Arc/Info Point Coverage with ID's from Line Coverage

Still me: I have found a simple routine in NT-Arc/Info that
does this.  ArcPoint.  I can't find this in PC-Arc/Info.
Can I then assume that it doesn't exist in the PC version?

--

| Kjetil Friden,N Flv 119,N-7099 Flatasen,Norway (72580871) |
|    Alias: Lady Iztaca (Be IMPerial), Mephisto, Xhosa...   |
|  *I am to Humanity, what Cro Magnon was to Neanderthal... |

How-to: Arc -> Points (PC Arc/Info)

Post by Andreas Richt » Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>: PC-Arc/Info Point Coverage with ID's from Line Coverage

>Still me: I have found a simple routine in NT-Arc/Info that
>does this.  ArcPoint.  I can't find this in PC-Arc/Info.
>Can I then assume that it doesn't exist in the PC version?

I think this command don't exist on PC ARC/INFO.

The way I found is:

 1. ungenerate line <cover>

2. write a simple dbase-programm or  take a editor (not so good) for
create the generate-file for Point-Coverage

3.  generate

Andreas

1. help arc/info point ->arc interpolation

hi touti
The problem consists of : a point monotoring network, in arc/info those
point have chimical data , and i want to interpolate those data over the
region > point --> arc this interpolation may take concideration about a
constrant for exemple near the pedology,streams  (affect the
interpolation) ...
thanks yours
             ************ Ihsen Klaifi **********
             Centre for Advanced Studies, Research and
                Development in Sardinia
                Environment Division
                http://www.crs4.it/~ihsen/
           ______        / \   /     \                           |

      <|'     \-\     __----_  \_____/  _________________________|
      | '---- _\_\_---     '
            \ /              *

2. 5 Alive Site moved... & New features

3. What is the difference between Arc/Info, ArcView, and PC Arc/Info?

4. Ctrl X problem

5. How-to: Arc/Info TIN -> MDSD binary

6. Multillingual development tools

7. lookiing for ARC VIEW -ARC INFO

8. High School student looking for info

9. Clean Arc-info with Arc-View

10. Arc 4 to Arc 5 porting

11. Help selecting duplicate arcs in Arc Edit

12. IDL <-> Arc/Info

13. ARC/INFO --> AutoCAD