Topo to Grid

Post by hsueh.. » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:44:10

I am working for an Civil Engineering consulting company.

We have a lot of Topo maps (autocad drawings with elevations).

I have no problem converting these cad to a line shapefiles with
elevations.

Then I tried to convert these line shapefiles to grid with spatial
analyst.

The probelm is that the density of the contours varies and I get a lot
of "black spot" (no value) in my grid.

I know using neighborhood stats can fix it somehow but i lost
resolutions.

Any better ways?

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. Float Grid/ Integer Grid in arc/info , arcview

In Arc/Info grid, float cell value could be added togather using DOCELL,
in Arcview, however,only integer grid has a VTab. So I do it by multiply
a constant then convert it to integer grid, dividing the sum by the
constant. The problem is I get a different results when using different
constant such 10,100,1000....   What is the right answer?

Qin

Thank

2. FTP API Experience?

3. Grid and Grid coordinates on View

4. API

5. GRID'2000: International Workshop on Grid Computing (wide-are

6. SNMP for beginners?

7. CFP- GRID'2000: International Workshop on Grid Computing

8. complex conjugate transposes

9. Interpol. irregular grid to irregular grid

10. URGENT WTB: Harddrive for Grid portable 386 (Grid 1450sx)

11. Baseline Grid - How do I alter the spacing of the grid?

12. TOPO

13. FA: Androbot's Topo on Ebay