grid clipping

Post by Tom Kralidi » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Either I am missing something fundamental here, or my ArcView is bugged.

Does anyone have tips, etc. on how to extract / clip an area from a grid theme?
I am using the Spatial Analyst extension, and from what I read, one can draw a
graphical polygon, confirm it's size and position, then run an ESRI-contributed
script (grextract.ave) to clip the grid according to the clip region made by the
graphic selection (rectangle).

When I attempt to draw a rectangle on my grid theme, nothing happends, ie the
rectangle is gone once I release my mouse.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

..Tom

grid clipping

Post by Jeff Jennes » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Tom,
    I haven't used that script that you're using, but it sounds like possibly you
compiled the script and attached it to a Button instead of a Tool, or maybe you
attached to the "Click" event of the tool instead of the "Apply" event.
    If you can't make it work, you might try the Spatial Tools extension, available
at www.absc.usgs.gov/glba/gistools/index.htm.  This will get a new menu item called
"Transformation" which has a "Clip Grid" function.  To use it, you have to create a
graphic rectangle first using the "Draw Rectangle" tool.  Then you'll use "Clip
Grid" to clip the grid based on that rectangle.
    Hope this helps!
        Jeff Jenness

> Hi,

> Either I am missing something fundamental here, or my ArcView is bugged.

> Does anyone have tips, etc. on how to extract / clip an area from a grid theme?
> I am using the Spatial Analyst extension, and from what I read, one can draw a
> graphical polygon, confirm it's size and position, then run an ESRI-contributed
> script (grextract.ave) to clip the grid according to the clip region made by the
> graphic selection (rectangle).

> When I attempt to draw a rectangle on my grid theme, nothing happends, ie the
> rectangle is gone once I release my mouse.

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks

> ..Tom

1. Clip 2 Grids together with NoData regions

Hi All,

I have created 2 Topogrids with ArcInfo 8. The data in Grid1 has some
regions with NoData and in this NoData regions I have to "import" (or
merge, or mosaic???) the  Grid2 (just some islands of data).
The problem is to join the data in ArcView 3.2, because the Output Grid3
is always completely NoData. I used Analysis/MapCalculator and then
"Grid1+Grid2".
I guess, if NoData should be joined with data, the result is NoData.

Any Ideas to get correct results?

Best regards from Hamburg,
Artur

2. Modems

3. Clipping vs. Clipping Path

4. changes to CGI module?

5. free Clip Art service - Star Trek and other Clip Arts

6. C Library compatibility in Managed C++

7. get free CLIP ARTS - I′m collecting clip arts of any kin d and I .....

8. Newuser Question: File conversion problems

9. Baseline Grid - How do I alter the spacing of the grid?

10. URGENT WTB: Harddrive for Grid portable 386 (Grid 1450sx)

11. GRID'2000: International Workshop on Grid Computing (wide-are

12. CFP- GRID'2000: International Workshop on Grid Computing

13. Interpol. irregular grid to irregular grid