Lambert Conformal Easting/Northing to Geographic Lat/Long subroutines

Lambert Conformal Easting/Northing to Geographic Lat/Long subroutines

Post by JAC » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone have or know where I can get subroutines that
convert Lambert Conformal Easting/Northings to Geographic
Lat/Long and can be used in a Visual Basic project?

MapOjects 2.0 is supposed to be able to do this but
apparently it can't.

Can you please E-mail me your info as my newsreader doesn't
seem to display all the responses to postings.

Thanks in advance...

JIM

Lambert Conformal Easting/Northing to Geographic Lat/Long subroutines

Post by Laurent Mausserve » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00

maybe with Avenue you can
    1) create a projection with the good speroid
    2) open the textfile of the coordinate
    3) create the equivalent theme
    3) for each coordinate
        3.1) unproject it (mm -> DD.ddddd) -> you get shape in Degree
        3.2) put the shape in the theme
    4) enjoy your work !

L.M.

> Does anyone have or know where I can get subroutines that
> convert Lambert Conformal Easting/Northings to Geographic
> Lat/Long and can be used in a Visual Basic project?

> MapOjects 2.0 is supposed to be able to do this but
> apparently it can't.

> Can you please E-mail me your info as my newsreader doesn't
> seem to display all the responses to postings.

> Thanks in advance...

> JIM

> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful

1. MapObjects2 - Converting Lambert Easting & Northings to Geo Lat/Long

I am using Mapobjects 2.0 with VB 6.

I need to know if anyone has been able to convert Lambert
Easting & Northings to Geographic Latitude & Longitudes,
using MapObjects2's Tranform command or other way

If you have, can you email/post your code to me. This is
the only thing stopping me from completing a project I've
been working on since last July..

Thanks in advance...

JIM

2. Page Numbers

3. TRANSFORMing a Lambert Point to Lat/Long using MapObjects 2.0

4. image annotation on the Palm

5. Convert Long and lat to Lamberts

6. Last Call for Book Chapters

7. Inverse of Coordinates., i.e., (Northing-(y),Easting-(x)

8. disk formatting in Win32?

9. Converting - nad-27 long lat to nad83 long lat

10. Lambert Conformal Conic projection

11. Lats/Longs

12. Lats and Longs in Excel

13. Computing course and direction from Lat/Long values