AV Help Populating Values from one Attribute Table to Another

AV Help Populating Values from one Attribute Table to Another

Post by RSanto » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:04:06

Hello
I have the following AV Script that creates a bounding box shapefile from
the top left and bottom right x and y values (4 fields in a point attibute
table).  I want to include fields and their values from the point shapefile
as a fields in the new one. If I can get just one field over, I can do a
relational join or link, but I am stuck with get even one field over.   Any
ideas?  Thanks

Ron Santos

'AV Script to take Upper Left and Lower Right coordinate fields in a point
shp and create
'bounding boxes (poly shp) from them
theView=av.GetActiveDoc
theTheme=theView.GetEditableTheme
theVtab=av.GetProject.FindDoc("Attributes of Inven_test.shp").GetVtab
theTLx=theVtab.FindField("Tlx")
theTLy=theVtab.FindField("Tly")
theBRx=theVtab.FindField("Brx")
theBRy=theVtab.FindField("Bry")
  for each rec in theVtab
    lx=theVtab.ReturnValue(theTLx, rec)
    ly=theVTab.ReturnValue(theTLy, rec)
    rx=theVtab.ReturnValue(theBRx, rec)
    ry=theVtab.ReturnValue(theBRy, rec)
    theRect=Rect.MakeXY(lx,ly,rx,ry)
    p=theRect.AsPolygon
    theTheme.getFTab.BeginTransaction
    theField = theTheme.GetFTab.FindField("Shape")
    rec = theTheme.GetFTab.AddRecord
    theTheme.GetFTab.SetValue(theField, rec, p)
    theTheme.GetFTab.EndTransaction
    theTheme.GetFTab.GetSelection.ClearAll
    theTheme.GetFTab.GetSelection.Set(rec)
    theTheme.GetFTab.UpdateSelection
   end

1. Link many attributes in one table to one attribute in

A easy way to handle this:

create table marble
(
    id     int4 primary key,
    color1 int4,
    color2 int4,
    color3 int4
);

create table color
(
    id     int4,
    desc   text
);

color1, color2, and color3 point to the id in color table.

This way you can expand your color table indefinitely.

--
Wei Weng
Network Software Engineer

http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

2. trust relationship

3. Link many attributes in one table to one attribute in another??

4. Silktest developer wanted for stable MA company

5. Insert values from one existing table into a new table.

6. license question

7. Win32 compiler problem: class vs struct

8. Recoding table values in AV

9. Formula to LOOKUP a value in a table and return the table header value

10. SQL CONSTRAINTS - Constraining time values from two attributes on a table.

11. evaluating values of attributes from computed attribute names in trigger

12. One Change in one Table AFFECTS all other Tables ***