Does anyone use USGS DOQs in ArcView 3.1?

Does anyone use USGS DOQs in ArcView 3.1?

Post by Scott Billingsl » Wed, 17 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I am having trouble loading my DOQ files into 3.1.  Previously, I was able
to load them into 3.0 in their correct
location by renaming the files as a jpg file then creating a world file with
the same name as the image and
an extension of jgw.  This procedure no longer seems to work in 3.1, the
file loads but is not georeferenced...
Any advice?
Thanks...Debbie Murphy

   -**** Posted from remarQ, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
http://www.remarq.com/ - Host to the the World's Discussions & Usenet

Does anyone use USGS DOQs in ArcView 3.1?

Post by Scott Billingsl » Wed, 17 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I am having trouble loading my DOQ files into 3.1.  Previously, I was able
to load them into 3.0 in their correct
location by renaming the files as a jpg file then creating a world file with
the same name as the image and
an extension of jgw.  This procedure no longer seems to work in 3.1, the
file loads but is not georeferenced...
Any advice?
Thanks...Debbie Murphy

   -**** Posted from remarQ, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
http://www.remarq.com/ - Host to the the World's Discussions & Usenet

1. Using USGS DRGs with ArcView 3.1

I'm curious if anyone has experience using USGS 7.5" DRGs with ArcView.
Specifically,
is there a way to clip the map collar (which contains the scale, legend,
white space around
map, etc.)? Since the DRGs are GeoTIFFS, they work great when used with
other
spatial data. I'd just like to know if there's an easy way to get rid of the
non-map related
info.

Thanks in advance!

Jay Flynn
Radford University

2. vmcore.x.comp

3. How to get info from Resource Manager

4. Anyone know the price for ArcView 3.1?

5. FA: An Original Apple II computer

6. Using ArcView 3.1 in a network

7. Canon BJC 610: Don't pass selftest?!?!

8. Plotting data over USGS DOQ images.

9. IDL to display USGS DOQ data.

10. anyone have a Hex Editor for windows 3.1 and/or Dos?

11. C routines using RPC/XDR on PC (DOS/WIN 3.1)

12. Anyone using Talus/NCR/SCSI on NS/I 3.1 ??