ArcInfo: problems after copying workspace

ArcInfo: problems after copying workspace

Post by Katy Appleto » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 04:00:00

(ArcInfo v7.2.1, workstation)

I'm having problems editing coverages in a workspace which has been copied
across disks on an alpha. Briefly:

- My whole filestore was recently copied to another disk by a sysadmin,
using tar.
- If I set my Arc workspace to be on the original disk (where the
coverages were created), I can edit files without problems, whether the
files are on the old or new disk.
- If I set my workspace to be on the new disk, I get the errors ACTEND,
LCTEND and INFEND, whether the files are on the old or new disk.

I have tried other ways of copying the coverages in question:
- Arc's copy command, for individual coverages
- Arc's copyworkspace command, for the entire workspace
- Exporting the coverage on the old disk and then importing it on the new
- Saving out to the new disk while in Arcedit on the old disk

None of these help. The only effective solution I have found is to use
"put" in Arcedit to create a new coverage on the new disk. But surely
there is a better, quicker way than doing this for every coverage? It
seems there is something missing from the workspace on the new disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as everyone here is totally
stumped.

Thanks in advance,

Katy Appleton
--
   Katy Appleton  *  postgraduate in Environmental Science
      University of East Anglia, Norwich, England

ArcInfo: problems after copying workspace

Post by mapme.. » Fri, 08 Dec 2000 09:25:19

Katy,

A wild stab-in-the-dark.

It may be something to do with the read/write access of the workspace
created by the sysadmin.  Check with your sysadmin.

Craig

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Open a new copy of a Template as part of a Workspace

I've created a template file.  Whenever I open a new file
based on the original template, I want to also open a
resource pool file.  Can the workspace command open a new
copy of a template file?  Can the new file also be
automatically linked to the resource pool file?  Or am I
looking at a macro to accomplish?

Thanks,
Mark

2. can anybody explain this...

3. Difference PC ArcInfo/ ArcInfo

4. NAT

5. Workspace and reachability of points problem

6. Unable to share printers after installing Microsoft fixes

7. SAS workspace problem

8. Nostalgia For "Beep" Line

9. copy command permissions problem. only \copy works why

10. ArcInfo HPUX setup problems

11. tif-G4 problem with ArcInfo 8

12. Hardware Problem w/ ArcInfo

13. Problem with greek fonts in ArcInfo