(ArcInfo v7.2.1, workstation)
I'm having problems editing coverages in a workspace which has been copied
across disks on an alpha. Briefly:
- My whole filestore was recently copied to another disk by a sysadmin,
- If I set my Arc workspace to be on the original disk (where the
coverages were created), I can edit files without problems, whether the
files are on the old or new disk.
- If I set my workspace to be on the new disk, I get the errors ACTEND,
LCTEND and INFEND, whether the files are on the old or new disk.
I have tried other ways of copying the coverages in question:
- Arc's copy command, for individual coverages
- Arc's copyworkspace command, for the entire workspace
- Exporting the coverage on the old disk and then importing it on the new
- Saving out to the new disk while in Arcedit on the old disk
None of these help. The only effective solution I have found is to use
"put" in Arcedit to create a new coverage on the new disk. But surely
there is a better, quicker way than doing this for every coverage? It
seems there is something missing from the workspace on the new disk.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as everyone here is totally
Thanks in advance,
Katy Appleton * postgraduate in Environmental Science
University of East Anglia, Norwich, England