NTF information

Post by mfoydt » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:00:20

Can anyone tell me anything about NTF (National Transfer Format)?
Where is possible to take some information about?
Thanks
Marcello

NTF information

Post by Frank Warmerda » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 05:45:42

> Can anyone tell me anything about NTF (National Transfer Format)?
> Where is possible to take some information about?
> Thanks
> Marcello

Marcello,

NTF is the primary product format of the UK Ordnance Survey.  It is used a
wee bit outside of the UK, but not much as far as I know.

Product specifications and more detailed format definitions can be found at:

  http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/productpages/intro/products.htm

Various products ingest NTF data.  The FME product from Safe Software can
be used to translate it to a wide variety of formats (http://www.safe.com/).
I also have a library for reading NTF data, though it is a bit difficult to
use.  My NTF page is at:

  http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/ntf/

Best regards,

light and sound - activate the windows | http://pobox.com/~warmerda