Converting UTM user grid to Normal Lat Long.

Converting UTM user grid to Normal Lat Long.

Post by Norman Avil » Mon, 08 Jan 2001 14:11:07

Hi all, I am kind of new with GIS and was working with some data from
Digital Chart of the World in Arcview, I got the Roads layer from
another source and tryed to combine, put the base country layer and the
roads in above but the roads layers loaded by itself shows another kind
of coordinates in the XY different from the normal Lat Long values
showed in the DCW data so I am unable to use it combined, how can I
make the data compatible ?

Thanks for any help and a prompt reply

REgards

Eric

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Converting UTM user grid to Normal Lat Long.

Post by labt » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 12:27:52

One way you can do that, is converting the UTM coverage into Lat/Long using
the ArcView Projection Utility. For that you need to know what UTM zone
your data is representing.

Another way, is to load the long/lat coverarge using ArcView, then from the
View|Properties change the projection to the UTM zone you are working with,
this way you can load your UTM file to overlay with the first file.

hope this will help

mfh

> Hi all, I am kind of new with GIS and was working with some data from
> Digital Chart of the World in Arcview, I got the Roads layer from
> another source and tryed to combine, put the base country layer and the
> roads in above but the roads layers loaded by itself shows another kind
> of coordinates in the XY different from the normal Lat Long values
> showed in the DCW data so I am unable to use it combined, how can I
> make the data compatible ?

> Thanks for any help and a prompt reply

> REgards

> Eric

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Converting UTM user grid to Normal Lat Long.

Post by Norman Avil » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 13:14:07

Thank you for your information, could you please tell me where to get
the Arcview projection Utility, I am using Arcexplorer and I guess that
does not include that utility

Thanks Again

> One way you can do that, is converting the UTM coverage into Lat/Long
using
> the ArcView Projection Utility. For that you need to know what UTM
zone
> your data is representing.

> Another way, is to load the long/lat coverarge using ArcView, then
from the
> View|Properties change the projection to the UTM zone you are working
with,
> this way you can load your UTM file to overlay with the first file.

> hope this will help

> mfh

> > Hi all, I am kind of new with GIS and was working with some data
from
> > Digital Chart of the World in Arcview, I got the Roads layer from
> > another source and tryed to combine, put the base country layer and
the
> > roads in above but the roads layers loaded by itself shows another
kind
> > of coordinates in the XY different from the normal Lat Long values
> > showed in the DCW data so I am unable to use it combined, how can I
> > make the data compatible ?

> > Thanks for any help and a prompt reply

> > REgards

> > Eric

> > Sent via Deja.com
> > http://www.deja.com/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. Lat Long convert to UTM

I'm looking for the formulas to translate Lat-Long coordinates to UTM, I
once had  a Power Basic program from one of the users in a Newsgroup, I
would like to get them again (I had a major problem with both my
computer and backup)

The basic routine was called GP2UTM / UTM2GP if some one can tell me
where can I download them I' be very thankfull. I'll send him the
translator I build with this formula.

Thanks
Yves Allaire

2. ActiveReports.NET in ASP.NET

3. Converting - nad-27 long lat to nad83 long lat

4. RAID Win2k Pro ( mirror)

5. converting Lat/Long to UK Ordnance Survey National Grid Reference (NGR)

6. ppp connection dies unpredictably

7. Script for UTM to Lat/Long?

8. Revo and Mac USB syncing

9. trying to convert old fs coordinate system to long/lat

10. MapObjects2 - Converting Lambert Easting & Northings to Geo Lat/Long

11. Convert Long And Lat

12. Convert Long and lat to Lamberts

13. UTM to lat/lon?